cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to allocate part without with DI API without using sales order or production order

sbastien_dubourdieu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Does anyone know a way to allocate part without with DI API without using sales order or production order?

Using sap document cause some performance problem for our add ons.

Thanks you very much.

Best regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sébastien,

Could you please explain what you mean with "allocate part without" ?

Regards,

Johan

sbastien_dubourdieu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

Sorry the without should'nt be here, it's a fault. The real sentence sould be "a way to allocate part with DI API without using sales order or production order?"

Today to allocate a part we create a sales order with a line for each part to allocate. This way works but the performance are not good, so we try to find an other way to do this action.

Best regards

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, so if I understand correctly, you need to "reserve" certain quantities for certain items ?

And you need to do this a lot on any given day, so you get a lot of otherwise useless sales orders ?

Some solutions that come to mind are:

• Use a virtual warehouse and stock transfers, but I guess that would pretty much mean the same performance.
  • Use a dummy CardCode, and constantly recycle the same sales order. But I have no idea how good or bad that would perform.
  • Use a formatted search in the document row quantity field that checks availability by comparing actually available quantity against the required quantity for the given order

Regards,

Johan

sbastien_dubourdieu
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks for your answer Johan, so i can't juste reserve quantitties for an item using directly a DI method. i have to use business one document to do that.

Thanks a lot!

best regards

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sébastien,

As far as I know, there is no ready functionality in B1 for reserving item quantities.

So you have two options, either use some form of transaction (document) to move quantities into some sort of reserve, or build in an availability check at the moment someone tries to add items to documents that try to commit quantities.

An availability check might actually perform better, and it would keep your database from filling up with temporary data.

Regards,

Johan

Answers (0)