cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classification defaulting in MDG custom create material change request.

former_member203117
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Classification is defaulting in MDG custom create material change request. Can anyone please let me know, what are the ways these could have been achieved, I need to disable this. I'm unable to figure out how this has been done previously. The MDG version is 7.0 .

Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How does it behave in MM01? The first place to look to see if the behavior is the same as in the standard MM01 transaction. If they behave the same, you should change MM01 first. If they behave differently, only then, you should look into changing this in the MDG space.

former_member203117
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Abdullah,

In MM01 it doesn't default. Even in MDG MAT01/MAT02 it doesn't default, only when I select a Custom Material create request ZMAT01, incorrect classification is getting defaulted and in debug too the table which is holding this classification is not editable.

I have exhausted all the options I know, need fresh inputs. Any kind of help or suggestions would be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Tushar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

According to the first point of functional restrictions of MDG7 (note 1806108) :

1. Derivation of classification data not supported

It is not possible to change classification data using the following MDG derivations:

• BAdI 'Define Validations/Derivations',
    method IF_EX_USMD_RULE_SERVICE~DERIVE_ENTITY
  • BAdI 'Validations/Derivations Across Entity Types',
    method IF_EX_USMD_RULE_SERVICE2~DERIVE
  • BRF+ based derivations

So maybe you can check the above implementations for a conflicts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think Tushar's problem is the opposite. His Classification view defaults data that he does not want to. So, it seems that he would really like the behavior described in the OSS note to actually work.

In any case, if you can (or have someone who can) debug Native Web Dynpro applications, you should be able to find where the defaults are coming from.

Do you know if someone already modified/enhanced the classification WDA application? If so, you might want to check with them.

Answers (0)