cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to handle charcatere encoding in PI7.4 Single stack..how do I pass ö to IDOC_AAE

Former Member

Hi Experts,

I have a scenario JMS to ECC(IDOC) thru PI...Can you some one help me for ...how do I pass the special character which is specified in subject line to IDOC.

Can you please provide me the solution ASAP.

Thank,

Chandar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Normally in dual stack scenarios, we specify as unicode in the RFC destination created to send the idoc to ECC. But in single stack we don't have such feature.

Can you let me know the error you are getting when you are trying to push this data to ECC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu.

We are not getting any error, we are getting the field value in the idoc as

Please see the input output in the attached document.

Thanks,

Chandar

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chandar,

Attachment you have given says "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>".

Please encoding: UTF-8 or cp1252.

according blog

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chandar,

Please remove the software component for that interface, it should then handle the special character.

Just for info, the SWCV (Software Component Version) allows only XML format to pass through PI. If you remove the software component, then the special character can be handled.

Regards,

Souvik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response Souvik.

should remove the swcv in inbound processing or outbound processing?? for more information I am using ICO, and the scenario is JMS -PO7.4 - IDOC_AAE.

Thanks,

Chandar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chandar,

In my opinion, it should be removed for inbound processing with respect to PI.

Regards,

Souvik

asdasd_asdasd
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yo can try this or

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can you please provide me the solution to resolve this problem

receiver side I am using IDOC_AAE adapter.

Thanks,

Chandar

asdasd_asdasd
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Use the modules "AF_Modules/MessageTransformBean" and "AF_Modules/TextCodepageConversionBean" in sender JMS adapter:

NumberModule NameTypeModule Key
1AF_Modules/MessageTransformBeanLocal Enterprise BeanCodepage
2AF_Modules/TextCodepageConversionBeanLocal Enterprise BeanConvert
3localejbs/CallSapAdapterLocal Enterprise Bean0

Module KeyParameter NameParameter Value
CodepageTransform.ContentTypeapplication/xml;charset=ISO-8859-1
ConvertConversion.charsetutf-8

Source

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Can you try as below and check the outcome:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishunu,

I tried it, but not able to get the expected result, can you please explain me what exactly this configuration do.

Currently I am getting encoding values as encoding="ISO-8859-1"

Thanks in advance.

Chandar

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Are you able to see the special characters after the sender agreement step in PI system. If yes, then add the modules provided by Maximiliano in the receiver IDOC adapter.

Try this out and let us know

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

I configured modules in receiver AAE, but its throwing an error

got following error,,

Can you any one please provide me suitable solution to over come from this problem

Thanks in advance.

Chandar

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Can you insert the modules before IDOCoutbound Bean module and check the outcome.

Extending Module Chain for SAP Adapters in the Module Processor - SAP NetWeaver Process Integration ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

I tried with the following modules,,,I can able to send the message to ECC, but special characters are not being handled.

Following spl characters are inserted in ECC,

Thanks,

Chandar

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Can you try as below:

-->remove codepageconversion module

-->In message transform bean module, in the parameter section instead of ISO-8859-1, use UTF-8.

Let me know the outcome.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Vishnu,

I tried that one also, but the result is same....

Thanks,

Chandar

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Actually to set encoding, we use either message transform bean or textcodepage coversion(for text files) or xml anonymiser bean.

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/ABAP/Conversion/Index.htm

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/502991a2-45d9-2910-d99f-8aba5d79f...

I am not sure here what causing the issue.

Can you check the below notes and see if it helps you.

IDOC_AAE Adapter-Handling invalid XML characters-1872390

asdasd_asdasd
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Which is the encoding of the receiver system? ( ).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The Scenario is JMS to IDOC_AAE

Sender sending with ISO-8859-1, ECC side its UTF-8

asdasd_asdasd
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Can you debug the IDOC inbound function module?,the values are ok?  the idea is see if the problem is in PI or  in the ECC DB( in the debbuger you can choose the encoding ... ).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maximiliano,

Problem in PI itself, we are using 7.4 single stack. till mapping its fine, after delivering to receiver channel, the special characters are changing to some other characters., I can able to see in PI logs.

Thanks,

chandar

former_member203641
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chandar,

I had similar issue few years back wherein we discovered that certain settings related to unicode compliance needs to be done on ECC also.

Here is what i can suggest to check if its ECC related issue.

In ECC, try to post IDoc manually with special characters through transaction WE19 and see if those values are getting updated and displayed properly in ECC IDoc and tables. If no, this means something relevant to ECC needs to be changed and from PI perspective everything is fine.

Check if this link is useful but thats all i can suggest

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-28791

Thanks,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for response...

as you suggested I pushed one message thru we19 with one special character, but ECC sending the that special character as it is., so there is no problem with ECC, its handling properly,, so it should be handled in PI only.

thanks,

Chandar

former_member203641
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chandar,

Here are my observations on your issue.

1. You can see the character properly in IDoc XML in PI after message mapping pipeline step.

2. In ECC, when you post IDoc manually from WE19 with special character; it displays the character properly.

If my assumption is correct then I feel the only place which needs to be checked is if there is any option in RFC destination in NWA of PI to allow encoding in unicode.

Thanks,

Amit

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Please refer the below thread and see if it can help you.

former_member203641
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chandar,

Also check if reply from Hareesh in this link helps in resolving issue

I assume you have created the RFC destination in NWA.

Go to RFC destination ->Specific Data -> Advanced Settings - here we have an option to mention the code page.

If this works, then i feel you would have to create one additional explicit RFC destination for your interface and use it in your receiver IDoc communication channel.

Thanks,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

thanks for the reply, we are using PO7.4 single stack. and we are using IDOC_AAE adapter as receiver adapter. As you correctly assumed, we are not facing issue in mapping, special character is as it is, so there is no problem with mapping, after coming out from the receiver adapter channel, this special character changing to some other character.

Now we are using the rfc destination in IDOC_AAE receiver channel as XI_IDOC_DEFAULT_DESTINATION_SyID.

Can you please clarify me, do I need to mention the code page option in NWA? and why do I need to create additional explicit RFC destination? It would be grateful if you give more details on this please

Thanks,

Chandar 

former_member203641
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chandar,

Yes, please try mentioning code page in NWA RFC destination and let us know how it goes.

We will discuss on additional RFC destination later. First let us know the result of this change.

Thanks,

Amit

arunneerolil
Contributor
0 Kudos