Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing SAP Cryptographic Library

dimantha747
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am an ABAP Consultant with zero BASIS experience, but I have been assigned the task of enabling SSL in SAP application server to secure websevices communicating with external networks.

So I found the SAP Note 1527879 to follow its steps.

However I am struggling with the first step in the note: installing the Cryptographic Library.

I have downloaded .SAR file but don't know how to extract it.

Also in tcode STRUST environment->SSL client identities there are 2 entries. Does this mean SSL is already enabled in application server?

If anyone could please guide me with this process or share any information, It would be much appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Refer the below link, I believe it may answer most of your queries regarding SSL configuration.

FAQ - SSL on ABAP Server - Security and Identity Management - SCN Wiki

To extract the .SAR file use SAPCAR utility. for more information read the below link

Refer the note "510007 - Setting up SSL on Application Server ABAP" to know the steps involved in the SSL configuration.

Regards,
Shanthosh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check and share your SAP kernel version.

Please find the below Snote to implement SSL.

If your SAP system is running on SAP kernel 7.2X and above then Crytolib files will already be present then separate Cryptography installation is not required.  Only you need to set verify and maintain some parameters.

510007 - Setting up SSL on Application Server ABAP

Regards,

Jaskirat Singh