cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal Strategy for Addition to existing stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are receiving the goods from production and we want them as per addition to existing principle.

And we want system to remove the stock by using FIFO strategy

But when i read the putaway strategy (I) in detail it is written that FIFO violates Addition to existing stock.

So in this situation what removal strategy is best to use  ?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is not that FIFO violates I-additionto existing stock, it is another way round due to strategy I you loose the earlier quant number which is a base for FIFO principal to work, in fact if your requirement is to follow the FIFO during picking then you need to make sure that stock is clearly segregated based on the incoming date. Decision about which strategy you should use us depend on the business and physical infrastructure. If you have racks and you want to follow FIFO then I suggest go ahead with L-next empty bin (but you need to look about underutilization about the warehouse space)

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with Manish, addition to ex.stock violates FIFO, so you need to modify your process during receiving to be able to use FIFO properly, unless you really need to do addtn.ex.stk.which is bad for FIFO but then you can't have best of both worlds here, you need to choose least painful method.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish/ Mihailo,

Thank you for your post.

I understand in this scenario fits with Next empty bin strategy !

Thing is warehouse has a space constraint ,hence business want to do the proper utilization by

storing the material at same bin.At the same time there is requirement to pick the stock as per FIFO

principle.

So have you guys worked with any scenarios where putaway- I  and removal - FIFO ?

Is there any possibility to modify FIFO so that it can pick considering the GR date ?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

As standard not works for you, need to go with user exit (MWMTO004) for picking and can put logic as per requirement.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if FIFO is so extremely important then you should use batch management to not loose the GR date information when you move the material into the same bin where this material is already stored.
see my blog http://scn.sap.com/blogs/juergenl/2014/12/09/how-old-is-my-stock  i tried to illustrate it, even it is not speciic for WM, but the basics are the same

Answers (0)