Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Disable Availability Check on Sales Order But Activate on Outbound Delv

Greetings all experts !

Currently, there's a new request to create a new processes whereby during the sales order creation, no availability check will be in place but material will still be posted to production planning ( TOR ).

Availability check instead should be activated during the creation of outbound delivery.

I have already configured in such a way that the relevant sch line item ( VOV6 ) - availability check is unchecked and TOR is checked.

But during creation of sales order, availability check is still in place for material specified.

I have check on the necessary requirement class and requirement type settings. Fyi, requirement class used - availability check is ticked. Could this be the reason even though i have disabled availability check on sch line ?

I have tried to untick the availability check setting in requirement class ( OVZG ), and while this can disable the availability check in Sales order, but that configuration will also disable availability check in outbound delivery.

My queries :

1 ) What are the configurations that I need to look into to cater to the above request. To disable availabilty in sales order but instead, run availability in outbound delivery ?

2 ) Is there any way I can disable the availability check on based on sales order type using userexit or function module ?

3 ) Is there any additional function module/bapi/userexit that i can implement to force outbound delivery to run availability check ?

My apologies for such lenghty message here but really really need some valuable feedback here as I'm totally at lost with the new requirement for now.

Many thanks in advance.

Warmest Regards,

Edie O

Former Member
Former Member replied

Be careful when using new requirements class and type. I hope all the assignments are done as per the earlier requiremnts class and type. If it is Make to Order then ensure that FICO related settings are also done properly in the requirements class.

If creating a new requirements class and type has solved the problem then probably user exit might have been used which is reading the requirements class/type and activating the av.check irrespective of the setting in the sch.line category.

Regards,

GSL.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question