cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration Builder (SXMB_IFR) not Working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The Java stack- PI7.01 (http://host:port/rep/start/index.jsp) completely stopped working.

I have also checked all configurations for Transactions SICF, SMICM, tested url cleared caches, rz10, rz11 etc.

Still its not working but when I give IP address instead of host, Integration builder is accessible(only SLD & RWB).

For IR and ID its throwing an error "Unable to launch the application and load the resources"(JAVA 7 is used).

Please help. Many Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Below solutions resolved my error:

1) In SMICM trace level increased and correct host name buffer is entered.

2) Cleared all caches both at local and global level – Runtime, SLD, Data, delta etc.

3) Increased the profile value to support more parallel connections and selected to parallel processing.

4) Increased to  xi logical system to parallel connection.

5) For my system pinged host and IP it was working fine after adding host entry in user system. This resolved URL issues.

6) In SICF activated entire virtual host and in SMGW did a reread of global functions.

7) Pinged integration and adapter engine and did s self test in RWB.

😎 In SLD--)Administration stop the server and restarted the server at landscape level.

9) Java application security level set to medium and All Access provided AND In control panel did necessary changes in Java Control panel.

Restarted and reinitialized the Java web start admin(In integration builder administrationàjava webstart)

10) In My computer ->properties ->environment variable CPIC_MAX_CONV set to 500  and created.

Restarted ICM and J2EE and did a SLDCHECK again.

11) Remover all locks and again did a rough end-to-end test it was completely working fine.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone please help me on this issue. Thanks.

suman_saha
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Have you checked the entry in the host file in your local system from where you are trying to access?

May be it can't resolve the host name from the IP address.

Regards,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Java stack and abap stack is working fine now. But getting below errors in SM59, SLDCHECK, SMGW . Please help

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had exactly this problem last week. After a lot of research the only solution was to downgrade my machine back to Java 6. The latest version of SAP PI does not support Java 7, trust me this is your only option.... unless sap has changed something in the last week.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Glen,

Even after that still getting below error:

Please help.

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

go to Start -> Control Panel -> click on 'Java' then (in 'General' tab) click on 'Application information'. Please post the screenshot from this here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Glen,

I guess issue is with SAP basis tasks and not with java versions I tries all versions which I mentioned in my previous mails.

Also if you see in SMICM the host name buffer is empty and it is accepting only

http://ipaddress:port/rep/start/repository.jnlp (sld and rwb is accessbile.)

Likewise when i use http://hostaddress:port/rep/start/repository.jnlp it throws an error WEBPAGE cannot be Displayed.

This is not the same situation for Production system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Glen,

Getting below error: Please help in maintaining correct host address or ip address at SMICM or SMGW or SICF or rz10/rz11.

since Issue rotates on same circumstance either with host/IP.

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I am not Basis so unfortunately I cannot help you on this. Maybe post this in the basis forum?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh ,

Check the below links, I guess Java version needs to be downgraded. :

Troubleshooting PI ESR and Integration Builder Logon Issues - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

As I mentioned earlier, then too PI Production system is working fine with same Java version.

Why only development system is facing error. Also in 'SMGW' i find local host address for all below and not the PI development host address. How to change those host address.

sapgw00
SAPSLDAPI_PPI
LCRSAPRFC_PPI
AI_DIRECTORY_PPI
AI_RUNTIME_PPI
SLD_NUC
SLD_UC
IGS.PPI
jlaunch
sapdp00
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Please find below screenshot for the above mentioned post:

suman_saha
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Please delete Java cache and temporary internet files in your system and try again.

Regards,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Please guide me on How to delete the caches.

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe it is working on Production because you are still using older version of PI there? New version i.e. 7.1 onwards does not work with Java 7.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Normally is a java version issue as Bhargava said. Also you can restore the jnlp archives as the before wiki points out.

If your laptop runs in windows try to set in the hosts file, C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc, the IP - Name host relationship.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

But in transaction 'SMGW' I find local host address displayed for all 'T' type connections instead of PI dev system IP address.

If it is a Java issue both PI DEV and PROD should not work. Here only PI development system(DEV) is not working.

Also i tried restarting java stack but still in error.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

The files that your laptop need to download are addressed with the host name, for this i said to change the hosts file and to set the IP - Host name.

Later you can try to restore the files:

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

Even after executing above steps I still face below error:

Just confused how come PI DEV system alone suddenly facing issues.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Sometime a DNS is changed or any update is done in PI and this can occurs.

If you set the URL with the file directly in the browser, the error persists?, if you change this one with the IP address. In this way you can check if the problem is really about the accessibility or not

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

When i use http://ipaddress:port/rep/start/repository.jnlp below sld and rwb is accessbile.

Likewise when i use http://hostaddress:port/rep/start/repository.jnlp it throws an error WEBPAGE cannot be Displayed.

Will there be a problem with 'SMGW' mentioned in my below (replypost to GauravRanjan).

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

May be i explained bad my thought. Try to set on the browser: http://IPADDRESS:port/rep/repository/aii_ibrep_client.jar, if the file is accessible in this way, try to set (if you are under windows):

Try with another browsers, as well. Sometimes, if i am under VPN or a proxy i usually have some problems with explorer or chrome.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

Thanks alot for the information.

I guess we are almost close in resolving the issue.

When I use http://IPADDRESS:port/rep/repository/aii_ibrep_client.jar, I'm getting error "Failed to load Main-Class manifest attribute for

c:\users\xi\downloads]aii_brep_client"

In C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc it is displaying local host and same is displayed in 'SMGW (logged on clients).

I also installed java 6, java 1, java 2, java 1.4.2 still getting same error mentioned below

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

The issue could be on the security parameters on the java console. Try to set the lower security level and to add your PI domain on the exception list.

I'm sorry, my computer is in spanish but the place would be similar:

On the advanced panel you have more options about security.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

I have tried already yesterday but still in vain.

Problem involves in IP address and host address where it is taking local host 127.0.0.1 instead of PI dev system IP address for all Registered Servers and type is of alias.

1@5B@Alias127.0.0.1localhost
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi InakiVila,

Also SM51 i dont see J2EE mentioned but in prod sys its mentioned.

ahost_DP_00ahostDialog Batch Update Upd2 Spool Enqueue ICMActive

Will there will issue with dev_icm log or profile parameters?

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

What is the error it is showing when you execute the Tcode: SXMB_IFR?

SXMB_IFR is not working in PI7.11 | SCN

Did you upgrade the java version recently? if so install the compatible java version

Refer the below links

PI ESR and Integration Builder Logon Issues - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

Regards

Bhargava Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhargava,

When I execute 'SXMB_IFR' it is throwing an error

Unable to determine IP address from host name

The DNS server returned:

Name Error: The domain name does not exist.

This means that the cache was not able to resolve the hostname presented in the URL. Check if the address is correct.

Your cache administrator is root

Yes I have upgraded to JAVA 7 and pi veriosn which I'm using is 7.01.

When I use P address instead of host

Integration builder is accessible(only SLD & RWB).

For IR and ID its throwing an error "Unable to launch the application and Unable to Load the resources.