cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting with SAP-APO

0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I am just start career in SAP-APO. Before I have exp in MM.I wanted to know best way to learn APO processes.

I have search lots on net,forums etc but not finding easy way.

someone advise me to go for Service market place but this is not right way because i cant do certification.

also folks suggest me to do HANA- IBP instead APO.

Need valuable suggestion.

Thanks in Advance

Piyush

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush,

There are lot of discussions already happened similar to yours, Please explore the SCN to find the expert's opinion yourself.

My suggestion To start with APO, (Note - Each of the below concepts are very vast and includes n number of variations

1. CIF and integration part, To integrate ERP with SCM APO system.

2. Demand Planning - Starting point of your planning in APO, your forecast will get generated using your past sales histories.

3. Supply Network Planning - Here your forecast figures/results will be converted to rough orders.

4. Production Planning & Detailed Scheduling - Most complex with APO, here your rough orders will be converted to Firm orders and sent back to ERP.

5. GATP - one of the most complex module again, Availability check on your demand fulfillment, How your demand should get fulfilled (priority, conditions,rules etc).

Additionally TM, EM, SPP modules are also there to learn.

. YES - HANA & IBP (Successor of APO) are next generation tools of SAP which has a very huge scope and will yield you good return if you learn and understand things clearly. Problem lies in finding a right centre & Tutor on this and getting real hands on experience.

Please google & explore SCN.

Just my thoughts

Regards

Vinoth

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush.

First off: there is no easy way. My personal advice: spend a year or two working on APO before you decide whether or not to get certified. As to where to start: Rahul Handa has already answered that. You could always reach out to other colleagues in your current organization; I'm sure they will be happy to help.

As for IBP, right now, no one seems to be absolutely clear about its future (though, some of the features do sound very interesting). For now however, I suggest you stick to APO.

-Arpan

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush

start from the below link.

SAP Advanced Planning and Optimization (SAP APO) - SAP Library

regards

Rahul