Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make auth tab Invisible/ Visible in PFCG?

former_member144617
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a weired situation here , even after trying the different view option given in PFCG we are not able to see auth tab after opening the Role in PFCG in production syste. But the tab is properly visible in quality / dev system.

Please let me know what could be the possible issue and rectification of this.

Thanks in Advance to All.

Reagrds

Pranjal Garg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is quite likely that this is intentional, so you should contact the authorizations administrator so ask about accessing the authorization data from PFCG tab and not SUIM etc.

Another possibility is that some wingnut changed the parameter auth/no_check_in_some_cases to N based on an audit recommendation from someone who has no clue and torched PFCG and a lot of roles in PROD in the process, but not in DEV and QAS.. because the parameters are not transportable.

But I would place my bets on intentional that this is the case in PROD. You can easily access the data directly from SUPC though (if authorized!) without funny "hiding" tactics" by clicking on the "display authorizations" tab, or use SUIM reporting which is mostly display mode in PROD without the PFCG tab visibility needed.

Cheers,

Julius

3 REPLIES 3

radhakrishnan_r
Participant
0 Kudos

Pranjal,

Where its happening in PFCG main tab or after going into authorization data/expert mode.

Is it happened to all or specific users

Is composite role which you are trying to see authorization which wont be there for it

Regards,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is quite likely that this is intentional, so you should contact the authorizations administrator so ask about accessing the authorization data from PFCG tab and not SUIM etc.

Another possibility is that some wingnut changed the parameter auth/no_check_in_some_cases to N based on an audit recommendation from someone who has no clue and torched PFCG and a lot of roles in PROD in the process, but not in DEV and QAS.. because the parameters are not transportable.

But I would place my bets on intentional that this is the case in PROD. You can easily access the data directly from SUPC though (if authorized!) without funny "hiding" tactics" by clicking on the "display authorizations" tab, or use SUIM reporting which is mostly display mode in PROD without the PFCG tab visibility needed.

Cheers,

Julius

Private_Member_25738
Participant
0 Kudos

Good morning Pranjal,

You can hide the authorization tab in PFCG (in main transaction window), but I think that it is for specific user:

In PFCG you can go to: Goto/Settings and select: "Simple Mainentance"

And when you enter to display any role you dont look the "Authorization" tab:

I hope that you can fix your problem.

Best regards.