Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Altered column in sql server not reflecting in the datawindow of pb7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

sql server : 2008

powerbuilder : 7

I have altered the datatype of a column to integer in sql server 2008.

when i open the datawindow in powerbuilder the altered datatype is not reflected.

Still its showing as the old datatype as numeric.

any suggestions or help is very much appreciated.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

unfortunately both the suggestions are not worked for me..but i didnt try the export / import.

I tried by deleting the db profile and then i created once again..then its working fine..

thanks for your time and help,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can edit the source of the datawindow and change the type.  When you edit the source the column should still reflect the old datatype.  Just change it to whatever it should be and save.  FYI this happens when you say expand the length of a varchar or char column type in the database or change decimal precision.  Any datawindows that were created prior to the change need to be updated in the source code for the datawindow.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the DataWindow painter if you go into SQL view and then back to Design view, it should update. If not you can export, change it in a text editor and then import back in.

Former Member
0 Kudos

While you are in the SQL View, you may also need to make a change like entering an extra speace in the sql to trick it into re-negotiating the result set with the database.