Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning ALE on and off

former_member188029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am asking this question after considerable searching in the SPRO. 

I understand ALE functionality conceptually. I'm encountering it real world

for the first time. I need to turn it off. I know its in the IMG... I can't find it to simply deactivate it.

Can anyone tell first, where it's located and additionally, can anyone tell me of any nagative ramifications i may be overlooking if I do turn it off and continue to create (in this case Methods) at the plant level?

Much Thanks

Verroz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no such thing as "turning ALE off and on". And it is not the QM-specific concept. You might want to clarify where this question is coming from and what do you mean exactly.

former_member188029
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks very much. With the help of the three of you, I have again conquered another SAP challenge!!

V.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member188029
Participant
0 Kudos

The scenario originally was very high level. As is the case most of, if not all the time, in this forum, the devil's in the details. I was attempting to simply create one Inspection Method. I've done it countless times in the past, but this time, I encountered a message, (not exactly, but words to the effect of) "cannot execute this function due to ALE settings or requirements".

The BASIS lady, simply went into the SPRO, drilled down as has been explained herein, and simply "deactivated" that requirement, specifically in that XXX client.

Thanks to you all.

V.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ALE makes use of distribution models, and distribution models have a validity period.

This way you can control from when to when the distribution model is active.

It is also possible to define if the distribution model can only be maintained in the development system or if it is directly possible in production.

So you can use this way to "turn ALE off" per distribution model.

IMG > SAP NetWeaver > Application Server > IDoc Interface / Application Link Enabling (ALE) >  Modelling and Implementing Business Processes > Maintain Distribution Model and Distribute Views (Transaction BD64)

former_member188029
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen,

This was the specificity I was seeking, and as I mentioned in my overall response, the devil's in the details of my submitted question originally.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ALE is kind of a big subject.

Are you usnig ALE to send inspection methods to other systems?

I would think this is more a BASIS question as there coudl literally be hundreds of objects being ALE'ed.

From QM the config path is QM-->Environment-->Tools-->Distribute ALE Master Data

But I believe this is just a path to the same place BASIS controls this from.  So tread carefully.

Craig

former_member188029
Participant
0 Kudos

This is understood and much appreciated Craig!!

V.