cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File System /usr/sap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am not a SAP analyst, I am a UNIX analyst. We have many SAP servers. Recently I've been installing file system agents on our systems and found that some have file systems mounted in /usr/sap and some do not. In general we have file systems mounted in /usr/sap for each SID. I have found information on this site indicating that there should be a file system mounted in /usr/sap above the SIDs. One of the SAP analysts suggested that it is a common error when there is no file system mounted first in /usr/sap.

This plays havoc with the OSs /usr file system, We are always addressing tickets that ultimately indicate that SAP is occupying /usr territory. Then we have to investigate and inform the SAP team to please tidy up or ask our assistance. We do not want to increase the size of our /usr file system.

Question: Is it ever a good idea to only mount file systems in /usr/sap for SIDs without first mounting a separate file system in /usr/sap?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

I will lock this thread, this is the SAP Business One System Administration Forum. I think your post should be elsewhere

-Paul Finneran (mod)