cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error saying "Entry XXXX XXX does not exist in KNA1(check entry)"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Members,

I am facing a error message while creating a Sales Organization by using the Copy button (I am copying the sales organization 1000 ) ,then when the "Change View "Sales organizations":Details of Selected Set is coming I am entering the S.Org code say 1233 and it's name then when I try to enter the name  of the company say "Times Music" in the "Cust.inter-co.bill" textbox , I get the above mentioned error viz. -

Entry XXXX XXX does not exist in KNA1(check entry)

Please help

Thanks & Regrds

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi samiran,

• Create the sales org by copying method
  • Save it
  • Delete the inter company customer's Number which is copied from source sales organisation
  • save it
  • When required create an internal customer for inter company sales purpose
  • Mentioned that internal customer number in Cust Int Comp Billing _______
  • Save it

Note : To create internal customer for inter company sales process is different..

Regards

Bijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi bijay,

What is "internal customer number" ? How many digits can be there in internal customer number?

Because when I copied the "1000" sales organization to create a new Sales organization say " YS01" ,by default the "Cust.inter-co.bill" is filled with 10000 (which as you can see is of 5 digits).

With Regards

Samiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samiran,

Please left the Cust inter comp bill  field blank and save your data.

When you are doing the inter company sales.you have to do all the required configuration for inter-company sales.At that time the customer no automatically comes in to Cust inter comp bill field.

Regards

Bijay

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Samiran,

I agree with bijay. For now leave this field blank. It does not bring you anything, and you have spent so much time on it already. Internal customer will be relevant in intercompany sale process, when you study that process, then you should update the sales organization. Currently, it is just populating a field without any learning, so leave it and go ahead with the normal sales process.

TW

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Samiran,

As already suggested by the members.

1. Do not enter anything in "Cust.inter-co.bill" and save it. System would allow you to save the Sales organization.
  2. Press F4 at "Cust.inter-co.bill"  here, check what possible entries is system showing.It means you need to enter the exiting customer code here.

when I try to enter the name  of the company say "Times Music" in the "Cust.inter-co.bill" textbox , I get the above mentioned error viz. -

Entry XXXX XXX does not exist in KNA1(check entry)

And obviously, system would give this error as you haven't created any customer of this code.

Thanks

Kamlesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to everyone here for helping me. I feel my query is somebit answered. So I am closing this topic.

With Best Regards

former_member183501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good to know your query has been solved!

But this discussion still looks  as "open" so please mark as helpful and answered. This would help to viewers to get exact solution before posting same new discussion.

For more information please read the below link.

http://scn.sap.com/community/support/blog/2013/04/03/how-to-close-a-discussion-and-why

Thanks

Kamlesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member183501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have gone through http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/sd

It's clearly mentioned the Moderators Name  and Sir.

So please make sure before mentioning any names. TW Sir is also a Participant yet. However, he may become Moderator.

As per my knowledge in the posts there would be two options as below by pressing first one this discussion can be considered as answered.

Thanks

Kamlesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kamlesh,

No there is no such options in my question . No "Correct Answer" or "Helpful answer" options are there ,though STRANGELY I POSTED THIS TOPIC AS A QUESTION. I ALREADY TOLD THAT TO YOU KAMLESH IN MY PREVIOUS POST.

I'm sorry if my allegation is wrong but since TW is a Moderator and interested in this question so I thought maybe he felt this rights should be removed as this is some 'basic' question.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samiran,

Please check your customer master because this message indicates that this entry does not exits in customer master.

Regards

Ajay Goel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay ,

How can I create a customer master without first creating a Sales Organization ,division & Distribution channel?

At least I need those three but I can't even create  the sales organization!!     

It is a loop - we need Sales org. ->Cust. master -> then again here we have to put the Sales organization in the Sales Area data to create a customer master!!

Thanks & Regards 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create sales organization without Cust.inter-co.bill, because this is required for inter company billing only. So create sales organization first.

Regards

Ajay Goel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ajay,

Still I tried your suggestion & this is the Error Message I'm getting -

" Sales are XXXX(1233) is not defined for customers"

Now what do you suggest?

With Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

You mean I  have to accept the default value of 10000 while creating Sales Organization?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please elaborate more because in sales organization creation how you can get the error sales area 1233 is not defined for customer? You are creating sales org or sales area?

For sales organization you need to use tcode OVX5 and copy the existing one with target as 1233.

Regards

Ajay Goel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ajay,

I suggest that you please read my post carefully before posting an answer ... I said "as per your suggestions" means -

I used T.code XD01 to create a Customer after you told me to create a customer for that sales organization ,but then I am still getting error message -

" Sales are XXXX(1233) is not defined for customers"

But I was initially trying to create a sales organization & getting the error  but you suggested me to create a customer !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I suggested you that you need to create Sales Organization fist without entering the value of Cust.inter-co.bill.

So create sales organization first.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Ok I understand that before I posted this question here but that was not a solution @Ajay Sir.

Because in a Wiley Pub. book by 2 renowned authors which shows just in the 2nd chapter how he created a company called "Galaxy Musicals USA" with 9090 as the code and then he also put "Galaxy US" in the "Cust.inter-co.bill"  textbox.

So I don't understand how he managed to give that input in the "Cust.inter-co.bill" textbox without even creating the Sales Organization first??!!??

Any explanations to that please?

Hello Experts please help...

Thanks in advance

With Regards

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Table KNA1 is general customer master data, KNVV is used for sales area specific information.

In a customizing client I normally create only the general customer master data for such purposes (as we do not usually process transactional data there). In this case you just need as a prerequisite the right account group with number range assignment to create the customer master.

If you need to test in the same client - you can create the sales area-specific data after you finalize the customizing.