cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AD and Enterprise User Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are moving from one AD domain to another  AD domain and there is a change in the account name.

We created Enterprise Aliases for all AD accounts with Current AD group and now planning to go with new AD domain that group have different name account.

Ex:

Old Ad group account in BO is kumaK  and it having alias with same name and in AD group account name is KumarK.

Please let us know  if there is any solution to map account with different names.

Thanks in advance to all.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't see a direct way to map the new Windows AD alias with the existing alias as we do have change in both Windows AD domain, Windows AD group as well as Windows AD user name. You may need to go for a SD based utility for the mapping of new AD user to old enterprise provided you have a mapping of old AD name against your new AD name.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mani for the information provided.

Can you let me know what is SD based utility.

former_member182521
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mani for the note provided.Gone through the note 1401058.

I already created Enterprise Aliases for all existing AD users.but these names are different in new domain.Opened Incident with SAP they said there is no auto mechanism where we can change names and map.

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That why you should come up with a SDK utility which maps your old Enterprise id with new Windows AD id programmatically.

Thanks

Mani