cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG BP Supplier Node Extension (Reuse Mode)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement to add a new UIBB block in the Supplier General data tab in MDG-S but I guess something is missing in my configuration process and I'm getting an error when creating a new request.

I followed all the steps of the SAP Official How to document "Extend the MDG Business Partner - Node Extension (Reuse Option)" but it seems that this document is outdated and it is from 2012 and some part of the example coding does not match with our version which is the most recent MDG 7.0.

Following the steps of the document I was able to add the UIBB, configure the Genil Model enhancement, generate all data structures required. The only step I didn't finished was to create a custom handler class inherinting from CL_MDG_BS_ECC_HANDLER, which executes the mapping.

The error I have is when accessing the ERP Vendor General Data and adding a new record on my new UIBB.

Enter a value for field BP_GUID / ASSIGNMENT_ID

Do I need to implement the handler class to solve this issue?

What is the root cause of this error? Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

Fabiano Moraes

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

There was more than a problem and after raising a message to SAP we got the problem solved.

We also needed to implement the method IF_MDG_BS_BP_ACCESS_HANDLER~GET_OBJECT_DATA_BY_ENTITY  to be able to display the data in the custom node  which is not contained in the HowTo document.

Fabiano

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fabiano,

you already given the answer to your question by yourself:

"The only step I didn't finished was to create a custom handler class inherinting from CL_MDG_BS_ECC_HANDLER, which executes the mapping."

Without the mapping you call check w/o data. This usually leads to error messages as shown in your screenshot.

If you don't follow the guide completely you can expect a working extension.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Michael,

First thanks for replying.

Michael I've inplemented the handler creating a copy and inheriting to the super class as described in how to But I wasn't able to identify in which part of the process the Handler is called. I read in another post this handler is called during the replication and I'm having this error in the initial screen of the CR. I tried to put breakpoints in the methods but It didn't stop.

Can you let me know if this Z handler class must be added in a configurarion?

Thanks

KInd Regards,

fabiano

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fabiano,

the handler class is called by the MDG framework in various points in time:

- reading data

- validating data

- saving data

It is actually not called during data replication.

You can find all details w.r.t. enhancing MDG via http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7858. Details about custom handler classes are part of http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-31881.

Best regards

Michael