cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between SD incompletion log status groups 00 and 01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Status group 00: no columns checked.

When assigned to a field that is incomplete in the sales order, the orders goes on incomplete log, but all subsequent documents such as delivery and invoice can be created.

Status group  01: only "General" column checked

Same - When assigned to a field that is incomplete in the sales order, the orders goes on incomplete log, but all subsequent documents such as delivery and invoice can be created.

For a field at item level in sales order, system should give a warning if it is incomplete, but no subsequent documents should be blocked.  Which one of the two should be used? 00 or 01?  And what's the difference?  Based on my testing, they both behave similarly.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The difference between 00 and 01 according to your setup is that in case you use 01, VBUP-UVALL for the item will be set to 'A' - Not yet processed, while with 00 it will be set to 'C' - completely processed.

In both cases you will be able to process the documents further and in both cases you can get the list of incomplete documents in V.00. In the first case however, you will see also a checkmark for 'General' in the list of incomplete documents. In addition - if you do not go to the incompletion log in VA03, but display the status for the corresponding item, you will see the item as incomplete.

I would generally prefer to use the option with 01, as the header/item status of sales documents can be easier to use in reports, print requirements, etc., but it really depends on how/ when you will process the incomplete documents, what additional business controls should be established for the process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This helps... thanks!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you press F1 on the field General, the system provides help message. For example customer PO number and document date are missing, then system puts in incompletion log. Did you test those fields?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

As a mater of fact I did.

The help window suggests that if "General" check box is checked and the filed is incomplete, subsequent functions will be blocked.  However, while testing that doesn't happen.  If the PO number is incomplete, I get a warning and the order goes on in completion log, yet I am able to create delivery document and invoice.

This is what I am finding extremely confusing.  fields with 00 and 01 status group aren't blocking any subsequent documents. For 00 it makes sense but not for 01.

I've made sure that that I'm looking at the correct Item category - incompletion procedure - field status group assignment.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can check how the status table looks for the sales orders created with these two different settings.

Check the values of table VBUP-UVALL and VBUV to see the difference. The status of the document may vary in both the cases.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Varun

I was also stuck into same situation like yours . Fortunately I got this note from MICHAEL ROMANIELLO.

Request to read through his blog . I  am sure you will be able to solve your mystery

http://michael.romaniello.co/sap-mandatory-sales-order-texts/

Regards,

Santosh.