cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capacity to resource

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru

on single resource we are doing multiple operation .suppose to make my product X i need to have multiple operation 10  ,20 ,30  ,40  .these all operation are performed on single resource . does i can use pool capacity in sap ecc and same can map in apo

Regards

Jaisree

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jaisree

A Pool capacity is one with several individual capacities.

Pool capacity is created to maintain the constraint mapping in APO

For eg, if you say, if your total manpower capacity is 10 hours per day wherein the labour available hours is 8 hours, then obviously the capacity of the work center per day is only 8 hours and not 10 hours even though machine is ready for working, it produces a constraint of 2 hours for want of manpower.

If you are working with both labour capacity and machine capacity, it is pre-requisite that both the capacities needs to get translate into APO (whether PDS or PPM).

Regards

virender

alok_jaiswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jaisree,

Single-activity resources can only be used by one operation, whereas with multi-activity-resources, several operations can be scheduled at the same time. In your scenario, since you are having more than one operations and if you select the Several Operations Check box in workcenter it will be using Multi activity resource.

Regards,

Alok