cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Forecast Profile Upload into APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do any of you have any experience with a mass upload of forecast profiles into DP? We are bringing on one of our
latest acquisitions into APO and need to add 6,000-8,000 forecast profiles into APO. They currently forecast using the GUID logic so we need a way to upload each one of these unique profiles into APO and assign it to a specific cvc.

Regards,

Paul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After going through entire discussion, if i  understood correctly that you want to assign Forecast profiles to selections ( CVC's at which you want to forecast ) in a easy way.

We have also faced this problem, so i have got some suggestion for this.

1. Create a Forecast Master profile with "Forecast with Automatic Model Selec" as Forecast Strategy in Univariate profile which is attached to that master profile.

2. Create an activity using Tcode /SAPAPO/MC8T for Forecasting with parameters in Forecast tab : Master Profile - Created in earlier step, and in control parameters check ' Generate profile and assign it & Generate new profile when errors'.

3. Create a backeground job with the activity defined in previous step and in aggregation level select characterstics on which you want to Forecast ( in your case it could be Product & Customer i guess )  and execute.

4. Now goto Tcode: /SAPAPO/MSDP_FCST2 and give plang area and execute.

5. You can see all possible combinations got created in the table and assigned to some dummy profiles, there you can assign Forecast profiles manually.

6. Otherwise goto Tcode: SE16 and enter table : /SAPAPO/DP_FCST2 and execute with your selection and take dump into excel sheet.

7. If you really good in excel then it wont take much time to assign Forecast Profiles to your combinations.

8. Once your sheet is ready with all the data you can load that into table /SAPAPO/DP_FCST2 using LSMW ( Tcode: LSMW).

Dependency for the above is that you have to create LSMW program using these characterstics... its one time job but can be used when ever you want to chage Forecast profiles.

I think LSMW is easiet way to do it, If anybody knows an easy method better than this please let me know also.

Hope it helps you...

I got this information from

http://www.wikiguga.com/topic/c578678c3ecd996c4ca10ff6b84d71f2

I have tried on the our sandbox and it works.

Please also find below the step by step guidelines for LSMW program

Steps to create a simple LSMW using batch input recording - ABAP Development - SCN Wiki

Thanks

Amol