cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restart a java component individualy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am currently monitoring the following java services through the GRMG scenarios :

- SLD

- Directory

- Repository

- RWB

- Adapter engine

I would like to know if it is possible to restart only one of them without restarting the whole J2EE part (If the Directory has a problem for instance, is it possible to restart it ?)

Thanks for your help,

Best regards,

Guislain

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can start / stop the service from administration of SLD

like http://host:port/sld -- administration

similarly try for rest..

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chandra,

Thank you for your answer. The thing is that I would like to be able to restart all these services from somewhere else (the visual admin for example). With your solution, I have to log on the service to start/stop it, but if the service itself is not responding, I will not be able to perform this action.

Do you have another idea ?

Thanks,

Guislain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once the J2ee server starts then , the exchange the rest of the compmnents canbe start utomatically based on profile parameters .you can see the parameters in Exchange profile.

In R3 instance of XI , goto SMICM and you can start and stop the J2EE server.

R3 instance can be stop from server itsefl, as you sadi from Visual administration , you can do , but i am not sure about it..Visual administration is for authorisation purpose.

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Chandra. It seems that it is not possible to restart only one j2ee component and not the others, unfortunalty I haven't found any documentation or thread confirming that information

Best regards,

Guislain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think that I have found the solution :

in the SAP Netweaver administrator (http://<hostname>:<portnumber>)

In System Management --> Administration --> Applications

Search for "directory" for example, you should see com.sap.xi.directory in the application list. If you select it, you have the choice to start/stop it in the applications details.

You can do the same for all the components.

Best regards,

Guislain