Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Staging to WBS BoM

former_member198492
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am investigating the possibility of adopting material staging to a Network demand (281 mvt) and not a production order demand (261 mvt). In theory, I'm sure it's possible. Has anyone tried this before?

We use the standard WM-PP interface at one of our production plants. Demands are placed, production orders released, materials staged from our warehouse to production using LP12, production operations processed and materials backflushed and finished goods item created and then shipped to another plant for Network consumption.

I want to material stage in a plant where we want to use a single WBS BoM with 2 Network BoMs. Can I attach a work centre to a Network operation which in turn has a PSA attached to that. Then when Network op released, stage materials from the warehouse (in the same plant and Sloc) to the PSA.

Backflushing will then be done by confirmation of the next op, and so on.

To clarify also, can I have multiple bins under a Production Supply Area (PSA). I was under the impression that the PSA and a single storage bin was all you could have. This is an additional ask. I would be more intrested in my initial question

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

balaji_ganesan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Darren,

Could you please specify where exactly following customization settings would be performed:

"Can I attach a work centre to a Network operation which in turn has a PSA attached to that"

Since this query seems to be a interface between WM; PS; PP, I would like to get further clarity on this.

Thanks & regards,

Balaji