cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to edit component configuration in another language?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I have a custom configuration of the standard component that was originally created in EN language. Those days, when system version was 7.01, it was possible to edit configurations in any language, so having EN as original was not a problem

Now, after upgrade to 7.40, I need to change a couple of texts in it (table column headers). The problem is that when I login in my current language, the system does not allow configuration editing: "The original language of the configuration is EN. Subscribe to in its original language.". However, if I login in EN, I see English texts, not the localized that I need to change.

Some people suggest using SE63 to make a translation, but for my configuration only a couple of texts are shown there. Besides, changing translations does not seem to have any effect.

Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

step 1:Open SE63 t-code.

step 2: menu->translation->abap objects->transport objects

step 3: Provide the details, of your application such as  Package name.

step 4:when expand it you will get your application.Then double click it.

and by providing source language and target language you can EDIT it.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks

KH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Katrice, thank you for looking into this.

I've already tried this way: in SE63 I see only a couple of texts though there are much more in the configuration. Besides, even having edited those texts I see no changes as a result (I change the text and click "Save" - anything else needed?).