cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP-sessions without user or application - How to find basic cause? (Discussion)

0 Kudos

Hi community,

for some weeks I/ we follow a kind of strange behaviour and couldn´t figure out the basic cause for this until now. Maybe you can share your ideas or have had a similar case and could solve it.

On a Netweaver 7.4 / EHP7 FOR SAP ERP 6.0 System (ABAP) we see observe entries with no "User Name" and no "Application" information. All of this entries have client 000, session type "HTTP", priority "Medium" and memory 111. Logon location is the same for all of them too, it´s the address of one of our SAP Web Dispatcher instances.

The number of this entries varies over the day. Normally the sessions vanish after around three hours. It seems like something is causing bursts of this sessions sometimes. Unfortunately the reason for this bursts is not clear until now too.

The system mostly runs a bunch of ABAP reports and ITS Services our developers made. Because of this the cause might be somewhere there, maybe with in connection with some functions Netweaver offers.

Enable tracing has not brought up any useful information until now. If there might have been anything useful in the trace files it was well hidden between other information. The Problem is that we don´t know the source so we can not reproduce this logon´s/ session´s.

Do you have any idea how we can track down the reason for this to find a solution?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

When a user first accesses the SAP system through HTTP, a session like the ones you describe will appear at SM04. This is because no login took place yet. Thus, the system cannot display a user ID.

The fact that you have several entries like this tells me that something / someone is opening several connections, but not performing the login.

You have also mentioned that the entries are cleared after 3 hours. This would be the parameter "rdisp/plugin_auto_logout" doing its job.

This would not be exactly an issue. So far, it is normal behavior.

The questions would be what / who is opening such connections and not performing the login, and why.

Regards,

Isaías

0 Kudos

Isaías,

thank you for the response.

Your explanation:

"When a user first accesses the SAP system through HTTP, a session like the ones you describe will appear at SM04. This is because no login took place yet. Thus, the system cannot display a user ID."

makes the behavior more clear. That´s what I already assumed might be a cause.

So what´s left is finding who is opening connections without logging in. I will talk to our developers to see if someone made changes around the time we first witnessed this.

Kind Regards,

Jan

Hints how to find the initiator of this are still welcome.

Answers (0)