Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimum Sales Order Surcharge NOT Correct -Urgent-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Gurus,

Here is my scenario:

We are creating a sales order with a minimum sales order value of $2,500.00; and we also will have a minimum surcharge value if the order does <u>not</u> meet or exceed $2,500.00. During the creation of the sales order, I am entering in my list of materials which should be well over $2,500.00. For all materials, the total came up to about $8,456.40; so it exceed the minimum sales order value of $2,500.00, thus the sales order should not be showing a minimum order surcharge value.

However, when I am checking the item conditions of the materials, I see there being a minimum order surcharge value for most of items, when the total amount of the order exceeds the $2,500.00 threshold. Why is this happening?

Then, if I check the header conditions in the order, the minimum order surcharge goes away, and now my total value of the order is $7,997.02, instead of $8,456.40. Why is this happening?

If I process the order without checking the header conditions, then it will show a minimum order surcharge value...if I do check it, then it goes away.

If you could shed some some light on why this is occuring I will greatly appreciated. Points rewarded too. Thank you for your time in advance!

Best Regards,

WC

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rmazzali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First try to understand if the minimum order value conditions are active (blue) or not. Check even if there is some inactive flag in the condition details in the sales order.

I also know that some recalculation is carried out when you go to order header condition, the same recalc takes place when saving: so try to save the order without going to header and chech if the result if fine.

reward if helpful, pls

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

The minimum order conditions are active. I saved the order and it worked on one, however it did not work on the second order, which is identical to the first.

The real question is, after I create and save the sales order (lets say with 20 line items), and I deliver 5 in one delivery #1, 5 in delivery #2, then before I deliver the last 10 line items; I delete an item from the sales order (customer changed their mind), and then deliver the last 9 now. When that item was deleted, it caused the net price to change in the sales order, only for 1 of those line items, which I cannot explain; but the total order value is still well over the minimum order value. Then after the delivery is completed and billing, the minimum order surcharge value still shows up, when the total value of the order is well above the $2,500.00 minimum order value.

Will deleting a line item in sales order, after some deliveries have been made, change the order in a way where it will now charge a minimum order surcharge, eventhough the total order value is still at $7995.20, and minimum order value is $2500?

I would appreciate any information on this matter. Thank you for your help!

Best Regards,

WC

rmazzali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think that item cancellation could affect the invoice, not the order: tru use a requirement that trigger it only in order.

Roberto

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When minimum sales ordervalue is reached sales order should not determine surchase, checkwhether scales r maintained correct or not, and as u said when u go to header conditions the surcharge is missing by the time u come to item conditions, since minimum sales order value condition type is defined as group condition once u goto header level it gets updated so that values gets updated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

To my understanding, I thought that minimum sales order value and minimum order surcharge are not suppose to have scales. Please correct me if I am wrong...if so, what should the scales be?

Again, this issue with the minimum order surcharge being charged incorrectly, only seems to randomly occur on only 1 line item. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

WC

Former Member
0 Kudos

This can be attributed maily becoz of the calculation type and basic config of the condition type.Fist you need to check that surcharge condition that has to be invoked with the inbuilt condition that( if the total sales order value equals or exceeds 2500 then this condition will not be reflected) I guess it should be at the header level.

Second the basis prerequistes condition has to be set in (requirement )order to ensure the visbility of this condition type may be in the form of routine with the logic:

That if the total sales order value net value (NETWR)in KOMP table gets updated with the value less than 2500 $ then this condition type will get invoked.

This is how i would look at in order to go ahaed and check this.

Thanks

saurabh