cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nakisa Talent Hub : What is Orgchart used for?

0 Kudos

Dear All,

I want to know more about how nakisa talent hub works, so I try to look at the configuration on admin console, and start with maintain data center and orgchart also orglisting first...

But I'm confusing while maintaining orgchart and orglisting=D (newbie)

Here is my question :

- Should I config of this on orgchart, and which one should I used on Orgchartrootvaluesource? User Id or User Record?

- Can anyone explain to me what is the different between My Work Area - Employee/Position - Framework?

- On Orglisting, I saw it's more complex rather than Org chart, What all this used for?

- Is it mandatory to create Functional Area and Job Family on SAP R/3? or can it be just creating Job on SAP R/3 and it can works also on nakisa talent hub?

Best Regards,

Jenny

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jenny.

Have you read the admin and user guides for the talent hub modules?  If not that should be your first point of reference.  Poking around AdminConsole can be useful, but the guides can help explain things and put them into context.

On the assumption you're using the latest 4.3 releases...

Q) Should I config of this on orgchart, and which one should I used on Orgchartrootvaluesource? User Id or User Record?

"

Checking in the TalentHub for Employees admin guide, it states that "The User Record and User ID options are not functional in this release of the application."

Checking in the TalentHub for HR & Executives admin guide it states that "The User Record option is not functional in this release of the application."

Checking in the TalentHub for Managers admin guide it states several things...

"The User ID option requires further customization to set up the virtual root. Contact your implementation partner for more information if you wish to use this feature for a custom org chart"

"User ID is set for all the default org charts, and should not be changed. If this value is changed, the application reverts the setting to User ID once the change is submitted."

"The User Record option is not functional in this release of the application."

So according to the documentation there isn't currently a one size fits all option for every TalentHub module.  Could you vary the option or settle for a static root?

Q) Can anyone explain to me what is the different between My Work Area - Employee/Position - Framework?

If I recall correctly, My Work Area focuses on your area of responsibility, Employee/Position is more like you would see in OrgChart (i.e. not focussed on your area of responsibility) and Framwork is about the relationships between jobs, functional areas, etc.

Q) On Orglisting, I saw it's more complex rather than Org chart, What all this used for?

Configuring the numerous different charts.  SOVN OrgChart deploys with three standard options for charts.  The TalentHub applications have many more charts.  Each chart has to be configured - same principle as for OrgChart.

Q) Is it mandatory to create Functional Area and Job Family on SAP R/3? or can it be just creating Job on SAP R/3 and it can works also on nakisa talent hub?

I don't know if it is *mandatory* per se, but if it was and you didn't configure it you would be missing out on some of the functionality and associated benefits.  You would also have problems if you wanted to make use of the Framework hierarchies as you would be missing the upper hierarchy levels.

Regards,

Stephen.

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did this explain everything or is there anything further?

Regards,

Stephen.

0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

I can't try it, because we need to upgrade SAP first, before using Nakisa Talent

Best Regards,

Jenny

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jenny.

When do you plan to implement and is there anything that hasn't been covered ... everything seemed to be enquiry questions rather than issues with implementation or the like?

Regards,

Stephen.

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jenny.

Any update to share on this or should the question be closed off?

Regards,

Stephen.

0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Maybe closed off this question first 😃

Thanks for your follow up and answer 😃

Regards,

Jenny

Answers (0)