cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between company code currency and group currency

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In our client material ledger is active and the company code currency (10) and group currency (30) are the same. The Controlling Area’s currency type is a group currency (30).

Our issue is that for some posts the system is showing two different amounts in Company code currency versus Group currency even though they are the same currency.

In transaction CKM3 for some materials, we find movements with different values comparing the two valuation views.

When we display the accounting view of the master data of these materials  there are separated valuation for a company code currency and group currency, as we have a material ledger activated, and the standard cost is the same for both currencies but the periodic unit price is different.

I look forward to an explanation on what is going on with these transactions.

Thanks in advance,

Eduardo Mendes

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

Following find screen shots of the CKM3.

And below the double click of the amount that is bringing the difference, which came from a production order settlement.

And the value from a prod.order settlement came from a WBS settlement.

And bellow see the master data’s screen shots.

Best regards,

Eduardo

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Edu

In my view this is generating since past few months and affected your opening inventory also.

In Receipt the difference is still persists...I told you to give screen shots of all receipts lines by expanding..but you have given summary of receipts..so I could not analyse.

Kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

I've showed you the part of ckm3 that brings the difference to the balance of the material and the origin of it, the other posts are ok.

Eduardo

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo

You have given your own answer in "In transaction CKM3 for some materials, we find movements with different values comparing the two valuation views."

Just analyse these movements from where different values are posted then your doubt will be cleared. Due to this difference PUP of Material Ledger after CKMLCP run is different because PUP is not a standard price it is Average periodic price.

But, I doubt these different values may come from various transfer transaction either Mat to Mat or Plant to Plant goods movements.

Check and come back

Kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal, thanks a lot for the answer.

In the material movements that we are looking over the difference came from WBS settlement, but we also found differences coming from goods receipt/ invoice receipt (MIGO/ MIRO).

The average periodic prices of the company code and group currencies, showed in MM03, are different for the same currency (local currency), which is weird, and the moving average prices of this material after the last period closed in ML (CKMLCP) are also different.

Best regards,

Eduardo

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

i think , this difference is coming from any previous period due to some PRD a/c difference though CC and Grp currency is same.

Just check previous period from when it has been generated...then you can identify the reasons..also can you share the screen shots of CKM3..

1. Opening break up

2. Receipt break up

Kamal