Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QA Move for Agentry Development

NidhiDeep
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are developing SAP WM 6.2 on SMP 3.0 SP08 , we have developed  unit tested on DEV and now moving to the QA enviroment . Following are the steps we followed:

In Eclipse:

1. 1.  Export the Z_SAPWM_61.jar to the development server Java folder (usual

location)

1. 2.  Publish a Modification Production version to C:\Agentry\PROD_STAGING.

A zip file will be generated

Open Windows Explorer:  C:\Agentry\Prod_Staging

1. 3.  Open the shortcut to the SMP directory.
  2. 4.  Open the Java directory and copy the Z_SAPWM_61.jar file to the

C:\Agentry\PROD_STAGING\Java directory  (overwrite file in there already)

1. 5.  Drag and drop the C:\Agentry\PROD_STAGING\Java to the ZIP file created

in Step #2

Open QMP Control Panel - Open Windows Explorer

1. 6.  Open the QMP (Quality) control center with this URL:
  2. 7.  Click on the "applications" button and select WorkManager
  3. 8.  On the tabs, click "Client Specific Settings" tab.  There will be an

option to "Publish Agentry App" and browse to a file.

1. 9.  Browse and select the ZIP file created in Step #2.  Confirm the Java

directory is in the ZIP file.

1. 10.  Press "Save" which is at the bottom right of the screen
  2. Restarted the SMP.

But when we are connecting using Agentry Client the application is giving java(NO class execption) for data table dtAccountIndicator. I think issue is that the zip file created donot have any JAVABE.INI file , so it is referring to standard application . Can you please confirm if the steps I have done are correct for QA move.

Regards

Deep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Deep,

Hi. The technique is to build a production zip file with all the other required files in it (javaBE.ini, Java folder and others) that will constitute your frozen production zip file with the same root structure.

In essence the production zip file will be used by SMP 3.0 cockpit to copy the contents of it into the configuration/com.sap*applicationName directory and adding the content of your javaBE.ini or agentry.ini into SMP 3.0. (Most of the problem in loading it in SMP 3.0 is here. The production application.zip file is missing the information to connect to the backend in the zip file). In your case, the agentry.ini classPath may not be pointing to the new jar file or something.

This application zip file should have all the data in it.

Technique: In the editor when you do a publish and you are browsing where to put your zip file, there is a blank middle window. You can right click and add folders or files in it.  You want to build your zip file to be complete and treat this as your frozen application.zip file. Need to make sure that your javaBE.ini in it points to the correct SAP backend server.  If you have an Agentry.ini make sure you state it to be production (developmentServer=false).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mark Pe
SAP Platinum Support Engineer

NidhiDeep
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mark/Marcal,

I did following Steps , I am using SMP 3.0 SP08 on HANA:

a) I deployed the base app of SAP Work Manager to my SMP 3.0 SP08 server.

a)Published the production version of the app using eclipse , added the Agentry.ini , JAVABE.INI in the editor. This created a zipfile

B)Created a folder JAVA and added Z-JAVA files in it and added to the zip file in step (a).

C) I deployed this file using admin cockpit  , it showed be it has deployed successfully, when I went into C:\SAP\MobilePlatform3\Server\configuration\com.sap.mobile.platform.server.agentry.application

but the application was not shown.

D)Instead it was deployed under folder C:\SAP\MobilePlatform3\Server\configuration\com.sap.mobile.platform.server.agentry.application.SAPWM and my Agentry.ini file or JAVABE.INI file was missing and even my JAVA files was missing

I am not sure , what steps , I am doing wrong.

Regards

Nidhideep

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Nidhideep,

The SMP3 server starting with SP04 supports multiple Agentry applications on the same server.  As such, when uploading it will not go into the C:\SAP\MobilePlatform3\Server\configuration\com.sap.mobile.platform.server.agentry.application folder but instead to the application specific folder that is created based on the app id you entered in the cockpit.  In your case the C:\SAP\MobilePlatform3\Server\configuration\com.sap.mobile.platform.server.agentry.application.SAPWM folder. 

As a production Agentry application, the Agentry.ini and some of the other configuration files are stored in the persistence database and not in the filesystem.  This is the normal behavior under SMP3.

After publishing restart either the Agentry Application through the cockpit or the SMP3 instance and try to connect to the URL.

--Bill

NidhiDeep
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Bill . The issues got resolved.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got a bit lost with the steps in your initial post, but let's assume that you are able to publish the standard WM 6.2 in your Quality SMP.

After that you just need to upload a .zip file with the new or modified files. In your case should be 3:

• The Agentry production server files (.agpz and .ini)
  • The new Z.jar

But, the .zip file must preserve the original Agentry server structure. So the Agentry files should be in the folder /Application/Production/ and the .jar should be in a /Java/ folder.

Then, after uploading this .zip. You have to modify the Agentry application classpath to add your new Z.jar.

Finally restart the server instance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you have a base application and then add the custom changes?

If you don't have the SAP Workmanager jar file, the application will fail when trying to find the class files for it.

NidhiDeep
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

I had my base application and then added the custom code.

When I am publishing my Production.zip file , do I need to add all .jar file and javabe.ini , in the this zip file , as currently I am not doing so.

Is there an other files I need to add to production zip file.

Regards

Deep