Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time dependent hierarchy update in BPC 10.0

former_member398742
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi BPC Experts,

I have been maintaining master data for cost centre manually in BPC 10.0. so master data is not coming from BW.

But as per business requirements, I might need to do "cost centre category changes " means moving one costcentre from one Cost centre group to another group. Can you suggest me how i can do this time dependent hierarchy maintenance in BPC 10.0 manually.

Regards,

Vishu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gajendra_moond
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishu

This could be tedious. If you cannot leverage BW, then one of the ways would be to maintain an Excel file. Update categories there using VBA or Excel formulae or manually and copy & paste  from there in the dimension.

former_member398742
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gajendra,

Let say there was one hierarchy already, and If i copy new master data after moving cost center from one group to another group.

Will it maintain time dependent hierarchy by doing this?

Regards,

Vishu

gajendra_moond
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishu

You will be creating a new version for your new hierarchy with new validity date in the BPC Administration of the dimension. Once created, either you drag and drop there as desired by copying previous hierarchy or you can copy and paste values from Excel file.

I cannot test it here but it should work. Try testing in a sandbox or development client first on a environment copy so that it does not impact your existing configuration in case you have transport path established.