cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance for hierarchies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know we could use Plan Viz to analyse the performance?

May I know how to do the same when we have data with hierarchies attached to them?

Dave

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The usage of hierarchies in queries does not change a bit about how you would analyze performance of a query.

Why would it?

Besides: this is a very vague problem description - be a lot more specific if you want others to understand what you are talking about.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

The issue is one of my client is facing performance issues when they try to run report using Analysis for Office. When the hierarchy nodes are expanded or collapsed it takes about 10 secs to show the result.

Do we know if this is a known issues or is there a solution to fix the problem?

On the back of it is there way to check where the bottle neck is?

Please advise if this is  not the right forum to ask.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For now the forum is fine, I'd say.

The question for the location of the bottleneck is the right one to ask at this point in time.

Assuming that the time is actually spend in HANA doesn't help all that much - to find improvement options you have to know for sure, what the culprit is.

There's the tracing option for the ODBO driver available. However, for performance analysis this was a little clunky last time I checked.

Therefore I propose to perform a server side trace filtered on the user to see whether the time is spend with the actual statement or the data transfer for example.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

Thanks for your response. Can you please also provide some info on how would I do server side trace? Is there any online material available?

Thanks,

Dave

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You'll find that in the SAP HANA product documentation -> troubleshooting guide.

Answers (0)