cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIB2BADDON - XML to EDI Conversion for ANSI X.12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have installed  the PIB2BADDON 1.0 in SAP PI7.4 and working on the AS2 adapter ,

The requirement is to sent Idoc -  Delivery, Invoice & OrdersRsp from ECC to PI and convert it to EDI 856 , 810 & 855 receptively ,

The issue what we are facing now is the the IDocs which we are sending from ECC are getting converted to XML format in PI and gets delivered in that format only , but the partner cannot read data anything other than EDI.

Is there a way in PI system which can convert the XML to EDI automatically and send it across ??,

P.S right now we are manually taking the output XML and converting it into EDI format in B2Bic and sending it across

Since my team is there in the testing site , if  i could get help much quicker it can be of great help.

Thanks,

Vivek Subramnaian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hope this is visible,

Regards,

Vivek Subramanian

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Are you not using this with the AS2 adapter?  That error seems to indicate that you might have properties that are not set that the module is looking to read values from while processing.

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just add the module without any parameter and remove that localejb's prefix and see if it makes any difference.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan ,

I am using the Module with the AS2 adapter , now after removing the X12 converter module also the error seems to persist...

Thanks,

Vivek Subramanian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

No Luck, i have completely removed the X12 converter module but the error still

persists...

Any other work around?

Regards,

Vivek

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Then I think Hareesh might be on the right track - what version of the B2B add-on are you using in your system?

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

Am not really sure the system information on AS2 gives the following 1000.1.00.2.1.20140122031900 as my version.

Regards,

Vivek Subramanian

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Based on comparison it looks like you are on some level of SP02 so I would start looking at OSS notes or update to the latest SP levels.  We are currently running on a pretty recent patch level of SP04 and things are running very stable.

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harmeesh,

Thanks for the quick reply ,

I went through the following blog and tried replicating the same ,

have a question here,

Where can i find the available converter module in my system?

and can i manually fill up in the module tab with X12 converter module...or is there any configuration which needs to be done..

Awaiting your response,

Thanks,

Vivek Subramanian

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

You have the choice of manually filling in the parameters of the X12ConverterModule or the other option is to use the TPMContentAccessModule along with the GenericConverterModule.  The use of the TPM allows your scenario to be controlled by configuration which most of the time requires only adjustments in the TPM to alter the behavior.  If you use the X12ConverterModule then the only choice is to modify your channel configuration within NWDS or the ID swing client.

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

Thanks very much for the reply,

Could you please let me know if there are any documents related to the channel configuration in NWDS for X12 Convertor Module ,

It will be of great help , awaiting your response

Regards.

Vivek Subramanian

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Here is the link to the SAP help page for SP04: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw-b2b-addon104/helpdata/en/87/5fe456dc184911840f8291a5ab9011/content.ht...

If you are one SP01, SP02 or SP03 you should be able to navigate from the above link to find the proper documentation.  I do believe some of the parameters may have changed from the earlier releases so you'll want to be sure to look up the version that matches the B2B add-on SP that you have running in your system.

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan & Hareesh,

Here is the screen shot of my configuration ,

I have maintained in the processing sequence localejbs/X12ConverterModule & in the module configuration as x12.encoding with the corresponding values ,.

After following the steps which is given in the help.sap it gives an error in the communication channel monitoring.

-PFA

Thanks,

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Share the complete error message. It's not visible.

I don't think you need to maintain that localejbs prefix. You might want to remove it.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can make use of the available modules. Refer to below blog