Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add new cost components in existing CCS

Private_Member_10672
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently we’re using 11 cost components under CCS ‘Z1’. Now, there’s a need to add two new cost components under same structure.

While trying to add new components under Z1 in OKTZ, system gives warning message (attaching screenshot).

One of the points reads that “Cost estimates updated before the change will then no longer be comparable with cost estimates updated after the change.”

Here we’re seeking expert opinion- what are repercussions on adding new cost components under existing CCS which is used under costing variant ZPC1 which has various past cost estimates?

Do we lose comparability with previous cost estimates after adding new cost components to existing CCS?

Instead, can we make use of Auxiliary CCS?

Any caution/insight would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nirav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nirav

Presently you have 11 attributes break up of CCS and all your cost estimates till date are broken up as per the present structure. Now if you create 2 more attributes by taking cost elements from present 11 attributes, definitely comparability will loss.As such there is no system thread  to add new attributes.

In my view, if you want to create new 2 attributes for new expenses which are not at all assign to any old 11 attributes then comparability will not have much effect because you are not disturbing any old assignments.

Yes..you can also go for auxiliary CCS for additional break up if para 2 of my reply is not the position.

Kamal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajneesh_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If the cost elements pertaining to new cost components are already a part of old 11 cost components, it is suggestible to make use of aux CCS.

Regards

Rajneesh

Private_Member_10672
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Kamal & Rajneesh,

Well, the key point you mentioned is, if the CE are the same or different. I would say it's part of RM consumption so that'll obviously direct me to assign to existing CE to these new components.

So, what if I use different CEs instead of existing ones if that serves the purpose of not affecting the cost comparison with previous cost estimates

Does it have any bearing apart from representation of cost component view in SCE of material?

Also, on Aux.CCS point, I'd like to mention that we're also using CO-PA Valuation, so I believe, this will also require some set up changes to call Aux. CCS instead of Main CCS, right?

Which boils down to the question -Is it worth maintaining two CCS + COPA Valuation changes, or add 2 new components by using a new cost elements?

Thanks,

Nirav

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nirvas

Our reply is very much clear...if you do not use any CE already assign to CCS 11 attributes..you may create new 2 attributes by assigning new CE...otherwise comparability will loss.

In case of COPA ...already CCS attributes is defined in Value field and any change must effect your COPA

You can give some example of your requirement of CCS change to better understanding

kamal

rajneesh_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I 100% agree with Kamal.

Of course you have to map new cost components (if used) to COPA value fields.

Regards

Rajneesh

Private_Member_10672
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Rajneesh,

I was going through the settings of OKTZ, where currently CCS 'Z1' is assigned to co.code 1000 for all plants (++++) belonging to 1000.

2 new cost components are needed in a newly created plant PL05.

My question- Can I create new CCS say 'Z2' with all components of Z1 + add new 2 components, and assign it to new plant PL05? This way, I can use current set of cost elements also + not affecting existing CCS.

I understand that cost estimate of PL05 plant can't be transferred to another plant or vice versa if CCS is different.

Beyond this, does it impact it anywhere for the current cost estimates or comparability?

Thanks for your inputs.

Nirav