Private_Member_10672
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here’s a set up;

1st LC- EUR     (ExRatetype M)

2nd LC- USD    (ExRatetype M)

OBY6-    No ex.rate difference when clearing in local crcy- ‘Unchecked’

Now, MM(MIRO) & FI(FB60) invoices are posted with doc. currency USD which got converted in EUR with expected exch.rate type

However, when trying to clear MM Invoice through F-53 in EUR, system creates exch.rate difference, but if we use USD for payment, then system doesn’t create exch.rate difference.

It happens exactly reverse when FB60 invoices are cleared through F-53. When paid in EUR- no forex diff., if paid in USD, the forex diff.

I’m puzzled with this inconsistent occurrence of Forex diff for different invoice types.  Btw, there is no default exch.rate type set in doc. type KZ

Any insight will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nirav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

gladys_xing
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nirav,

If you tick 'No ex.rate difference when clearing in local crcy in OBY6, when you clearin F-53 with EUR, then normally exchange rate difference(ERD) should not happened. And when you clear with USD, it is possible not to generate the ERD if no exchange rate is changed between posting and clearing.

For why posting from FB60 and MIRO have the different behavior, I assume there should be some difference in the 2 posted vendor invoices.

Hence please attached
1. The cleared items posted from MIRO and FB60 (BKPF & BSEG)
2. The setting in OBY6 and OB22
3. Inform the detail clearing precedures you have done in F-53.

Best Regards,
Gladys

Private_Member_10672
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Gladys for the reply.

Sorry, I can't post screenshots due to security reasons.

However, to answer your Qs;

1.The cleared items posted from MIRO and FB60 (BKPF & BSEG) :

Ans- There is legit rate difference between invoices and payments, so it has to be posted

2. The setting in OBY6 and OB22

Ans- I already mentioned required info. from these t.codes in original thread

3. Inform the detail clearing precedures you have done in F-53.

Ans- I used SAP standard clearing procedure, where I used EUR & USD each time to clear the same invoice in simulation mode to check the ERD, and posted error above.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Nirav

srinivas_rao69
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nirav,

These exchange rate difference will take from OB08.

May be when ever posting invoice and clearing exchange rate will be same there is no exchange rate difference but whenever you are doing the reverse of MIRO invoice Exchange rate might be changed.

Check the ob08 exchange rate at time of invoice posting date and clearing date and at the time reverse date?

I hope this will help.

Thanks & Regards,

Nivas

gladys_xing
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nirav,

Thanks for the explanation, but it make no sense to do further analysis without detail example.

May you please send the following information to us?

1. cleared items information.
BKPF
BUKRS  BELNR      GJAHR   TCODE   WAERS   KURSF        HWAER HWAE2 KURS2   BASW2   UMRD2   CURT2   KUTY2

BSEG
BUKRS BELNR BUZEI BSCHL DMBTR WRBTR   DMBE2 HWMET

2. clearing rate when clearing in USD

3, clearing procedure in F-53, especially for how the amount is entered for bank line item......

4. clearing document information:

BKPF

BUKRS  BELNR      GJAHR   TCODE   WAERS   KURSF        HWAER HWAE2 KURS2   BASW2   UMRD2   CURT2   KUTY2

BSEG

BUKRS BELNR BUZEI BSCHL DMBTR WRBTR   DMBE2 HWMET

5, If you think the clearing document is wrong , then what kind of cleairng document should be created based on your requirements.

Additionally, there are many KBA notes created for ex, rate difference issue, for exmaple:1697833, 1701011 etc., you can refer to those KBA to analyze the documents which are posted correctly or not.

Best Regards,
Gladys

former_member229024
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nirav,

Pls. post the screen shot of the company code OB22 settings.

Cheers,