cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SBO - MRP - Min Max - Not considering open POs due past item lead time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My first post here so hope I am creating this in the correct place.

The company I work for is currently implementing SBO and I am currently testing the MRP.

We currently use min max levels and a preferred supplier so it translates across to SAP well. The difference we have is that we pull all outstanding purchase order into the mix when working out what to buy. The MRP in SAP only pulls the open PO into the calculation when it is due within the lead time for item.

Example.

50 in stock

0 demand

Min 100

Max 200

Open PO (supply) 100

If the Open PO is due later than the lead time set against the item the suggestions is for 150.

If the Open PO is due within the lead time set against the item the suggestion is for 0.

Does anyone know to change this so that all open POs are taken into account regardless of the due date for the goods? We regularly have open POs that are delayed from suppliers and have to push the due dates out. If an item is delayed I cannot allow MRP to advise me to keep reordering as it will overstock.

Only idea I have had is to set all lead times against the items much longer than we would ever expect to receive them so all open POs will be considered but this seems like a fudge to me.

Hope someone can help

Tom

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Tom

Firstly, issues related to MRP should be generally opened on the space .

Also, we need more information about your scenario. Which MRP type are you using? Can you please attach some screenshots?

BR
Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I am using MRP for buy items in SAP Business One.

I was under the impression that there is just the one MRP type to use with Business One?

Tom

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Tom

I don't have much knowledge about business one. I suggest you to open threads in the space where business one issues are discussed.

BR
Ceaetano

Answers (0)