cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW-IP: not possible to reverse the rate transformation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have a planing application and last year we did an upgrade to BW 7.4.
Since that upgrade i have a problem with input-ready cells in combination with currency translations.

The functionality of a flexible currency translation  is needed.

I got the following "warning" in the query designer and bex analyzer:

"... cannot be input ready; translation key ... is complex"

Detailed description:

Is there no possibility to make an flexible Translation (at runtime) on input-ready key figures/ cells?

Was there a changing of the restictions or something like that?

I hope someone can help me. Every "Input" could be helpful.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Manuel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Manuel,

did you find a solution to this issue? I am experiencing the same.

Thanks for replying!

Ignacio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Jose,

Not for real - but I got an answer instead of an solution. In some releases this works because of an issue which was fixed by later releases.

The planing cells should never work within currency translation. This is not possible.
This Statement was said by SAP.

Hope this helps you a bit.

Best regards,
Manuel

former_member202257
Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using any planning functions or sequences to achieve this?

If yes, did you apply the corrections which are applicable for integrated planning for BW 7.4? More information here :

Former Member
0 Kudos

For sure i searched for corrections in the OSS.

We have an planing cube, which is initialized with data from an other cube by a planing sequence. Also the planer can make an upload via Excel file to the cube.
After that they are planing in the bex analyzer which is based on the query with the flexible currency Translation at run time.
The user can choose an currency in the variable Screen and the system will translate it.

But with the time-dependent and variable-dependent currency translation the cells are not input ready. So that's what the warning says at the query check and in the application (analyzer).

So far as i know it worked fine on our old sap bw Version (7.02).

File upload and planings sequences work fine and also the currency translation, but the only problem is that the system can't make the cells with translation input-ready without deleting the currency translation.

Thanks for the reply.