Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Change Request Description

benjamin_allsopp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We have a requirement to derive the change request description depending on CR type...

However the entity for the change request UIBB does not get called in the Derivation BADI.

How do you derive something in the change request UIBB?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The CR header is not an entity. So, you really can't use the Derivation BAdI. However, what you can do is enhance the GenIL model of the CR header (called CR). Basically, you need to create an enhancement and assign a new class that you can create. This class must be a child of the standard class assigned in the original GenIL model. You have to redefine, probably, the GET_ATTRIBUTE method (again, not 100% sure of the method name).

See this document for an elaborate description of how you can enhance the CR header by adding new fields. You don't need to add new fields, but being familiar with this document will help you.

benjamin_allsopp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Abdullah...this is perfect. And I can confirm you were also right on the method name, the required method was GET_ATTRIBUTE.

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more thing, you may not have to create a whole GenIL enhancement. You might be able to just enhance the original standard method (using implicit enhancements). However, the GenIL enhancement is more visible while implicit enhancements could be forgotten.

benjamin_allsopp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This is what I did to achieve my results...I'm hoping that the documentation we have written on this implementation will suffice for visibility purposes, so it's not forgotten about!

Answers (0)