cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There is already an open request for system *

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I am unable to submit the request, I am getting the below error "There is already an  open request for system* "

I have changed the filed "one user per request per system " to in 999 EUP still issue is there.

Please find the below screen shot and let me know is there any other reasons for this ??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Beere,

Deactivating the restriction to one request per user per system is not a good idea, and I encourage you to reconsider. The second request can easily introduce an SOD risk with the access being requested in the first request that is still in process, and then once both are approved and provisioned you have a new SOD mess to clean up. The internal controls people will not appreciate you configuring the GRC system such that new risks could be introduced. Wasn't the whole point "Get Clean, Stay Clean?"

Even for systems where SODs are not a consideration, such a restriction is a way to motivate the role approvers to take action promptly on access requests. Make them feel guilty that they are holding up progress for the users and they are likelier to become more attentive to the requests.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Beere,

please be aware that this parameter can be in other EUPs as well. Especially if you are using template based request make sure all used EUPs have deactivated the "one user per request".

Regards,

Alessandro