cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versions and Calculations?

Krishna1
Participant

Experts,

I have a use case and would like to get your feedback.

We currently use  Versions / Scenarios to track different forecast numbers by different departments.

2 questions

1) Is it possible to perform calculations using versions?

Example : V1 and  V2 are versions... KF1 (Stored and calculated)  is in both versions.  V2.KF1 (calc) = (V1.KF1(Stored) - V2.KF1 (Stored)) * V1.KF1 (Stored).

2) is it possible to use different exchange rate based on different versions?

Thanks,

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor

general rule for versions:

when you want some input KF always have the same value, than make it as BASELINE

when you want some input KF play with different versions, than make it version-dependent

but than you have to initially fill the different versions with an initial value by manage version -> copy from baseline (or any other) to your target version --- if you forget this step, it will not work and you likely get an error such as "no data found" when you try to enter a value manually in your version and try so simulate/save

Krishna1
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Irmi and Ghita...

Follow-up question - Do you know if it is possible to assign different authorizations to a KF in different versions?

Example : Say Forecast is KF & Sales and MKTG are versions. Sales.Forecast should be editable by sales teams and MKTG. Forecast should be editable by Marketing users respectively...

Thanks,

krishna

Krishna1
Participant
0 Kudos

Found the answer...

Global parameter SCENARIO.PERMISSIONS controls this...

Thanks,

Krishna

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna

if your question is answered, it would be nice to mark this chat as "answered"

Thanks

Irmi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Krishna,

Yes, you can have version specific values for the exchange rate. Only if you reference the exchange rate to the base version it will contain the same values.

To have calculations across versions, I would use the local members.

Regards

Alecsandra

Krishna1
Participant
0 Kudos

Ghita,

Are you saying, I can't load different exchange rate ( Same KF "Exchnagerate" across versions) into different versions?....Our goal is to have different rates across the versions.

Thanks,

krishna

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I was stating exactly the opposite, sorry for the confusion. You can have difference values in exchange rate KF as long as the exchange rate will be configured as version specific KF.

Regards

Alecsandra

Krishna1
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks