cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory scenario - History and delta ends up in same partition!

Bruhn
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have read the first guidance document about inventory cubes in relation to BW on HANA().

I was trying to establish the first scenario(simple table and 3 dtp's) which is described in the document. But I have to say I have some issues and I am thinking that it must be something which I am doing wrong (I have tried it in two systems on 7.4 sps08 and sps09 respectively).

I have the three types of data in the source table

I - Init record (only 1)

H - History record(2 of those)

D - Delta record(2 of those)

And I load in the above sequence. After loading all of the 5 records(before compression) have the following recordtypes:

1 record with the record type 1 (the init one)

2 records with record type 2 (the historical ones)

2 records with record type “ “ (blank - the delta records)

On hana everything is in partition 4 for now - as expected 😉

Once I run the compression I get my delta and historical records mixed into the same partition - I expected that these would be in separate partitions. When displaying the data in BW the record type for the delta and history is 2 (the blank value on deltas was overwritten with 2).

Does anyone have some pointers ?

Best regards

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member71289
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

the behaviour of the compression for non-cumulative HANA-optimized InfoCubes changed between BW on HANA 7.30 and BW on HANA 7.40.

Short sumarry:

- In BW 7.30 the reference points were not changes during compression

- In BW 7.40 the reference points are updated during compression

You can find more information in SAP Note 1548125 (Interesting fact about Inventory Cubes - Chapter VII) and in SAP online help for BW:

Modeling Non-Cumulatives with Non-Cumulative Key Figures - Analytic Manager - SAP Library

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Andreas

Bruhn
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the links - I have however already read them. The thing is that I cannot get the scenario to work as every one tells me it should. The delta compressed and historical should be separate record types(this would put them into the correct/separate partitions on the HDB side of things).

Strange..

/MiB

former_member71289
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

actually the situation that you observe in your system is the intended behavior in a BW 7.40 >= SP6 system.

Please check table RSDCUBELOC field NCUM_REFP_UPD. You should see here value 'Y' for your InfoCube. This means the reference point is updated during compression and all the movements that are part of the compressed request (requid =0) are changed to '2' (historical movements).

This was introduced with BW 7.40 SP6 to allow loading data from a non cumulative InfoProvider into further data targets (SAP note 1949903).

In previous BW 7.40 versions (<=SP5) the value in NCUM_REFP_UPD in table RSDCUBELOC was 'X'. Compression was done by updating the reference points but not changing the recordtp value.

In BW 7.30 the value NCUM_REFP_UPD is space, the compression does not update the reference point.

OLAP execution considers the NCUM_REFP_UPD value and should show the correct stock values for all cases.     

Best regards,

Andreas

Answers (0)