Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation with SAP SRM

former_member190689
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus ,

We are planning for using some automation concept in our SAP SRM 7.0 Ehp2 for our client. Has anyone used automation concept for SAP SRM. Please provide some guidelines or some information would be appreciated. (Automation in terms of solving L1 issues like user creation , substitute , etc via email  no need to do manual work ).

Thanks

Gaurav Gautam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ivy_li
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Would you please describe 'automation concept' with more specific example?

BR,
Ivy

former_member190689
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ivy Li,

Thanks for your reply . Automation Concept for SRM in terms of user creation , substitute ... Mainly these concept works on support projects inorder to reduce the incident counts. So I am just taking the ideas from all members over here . In details for user creation - user has to create an incident but rather than doing that , a common email id would be created where user will drop email in a specified format and then via PI we can read that test and via BDC can run the tcode for user creation . This will reduce the effort of Admin team .

So such kind of ideas I am looking for . If you have better idea or some new ideas which you have came across . I would really appreciate if you could share .

BR

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

We implemented an automated solution for Q-monitoring of PDP Q's in ECC & SRM.

A program is executed which checks entries in the table trfcqout (in ECC) and trfcqin (in SRM) in the background to check if any Qs are blocked due to faulty P-Reqs and sends out an email to SRM support team to fix the issue.

In the same program, we could also move the blocked Qs to SMQ3 transactions so that the blocked Q does not sop the processing of rest of the entries in the Q.

Br,

Raghu

former_member190689
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Raghu Seerla,

Thanks for this wonderful idea. I have planned for User Creation , Substitute functionality , Forward of SC/PO , Source Rel Indicator and few more such kind of small queries to be done via automatic . Please do let me know if you have used these all above mentioned process in your automation concept.

Cheers!

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

For the automation of user creation, we have used the option provided by SAP to upload users from file.

So, a specific format of the file is shared with business and for any new user creation, they would have to send us the data in that format and security team will simply upload the file and it reduces their time because:

- User is create in SU01D

- User is assigned to the org unit mentioned in the file

- PW for the new user is generated by the system and sent to his mail ID.

Same has been explained by Ivy Li in the following link:

User Creation via USERS_GEN - Supplier Relationship Management - SCN Wiki

Br,

Raghu