cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create auto passing of parameter in a layout

0 Kudos

Dear All

How it can be possible that a crystal layout pick a parameter from open document automatically, and there is no need to enter parameters manually.

Scenario: I have created a layout for AR Invoice, having parameter of OINV.DocNum , every time while previewing or printing the layout it need to enter the DocNum manually, i need not to enter the DocNum manually and the layout automatically pick the data from the open document i.e AR Invoice

Remember: I have tried the layout without parameters, only 1st entry in the data-base is loading every time.

Looking forwards your valuable guidance

Regards

Aamir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Rafaee_Mustafa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amir,

You need to use TOKEN for the Crystal Layout. Standard parameter wont work,

Use DocKey@ and ObjectId@ are for document layouts. The DocKey@ token can recognize document numbers dynamically so it's mandatory for document layouts; the ObjectId@ token can recognize document types.

Please follow the below thread for your assistance.

DocKey@ and ObjectID@ tokens required for Cryst... | SCN

0 Kudos

Dear Rafaee

Tnx a lot but i find the solution from this way

create just one parameter named "DocKey@" (type number). DocKey@ parameter is equal to Oinv.DocEntry,and it's the valid parameter used by SAP for layouts. The value for ObjectType is implicit when we run layout from Invoice form, and it is not necessary add it in Crystal Reports design.

Rafaee_Mustafa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Amir,

ObjectId is not mandatory as DocKey. But it will help you if you are using same layout for different documents.

However, good you got the solution. Please close the thread by marking Helpful and Correct answer.

Regards,

Rafaee M

0 Kudos

Dear Rafaee

thanks for your valuable suggestion

the thread has been closed

Regards

Aamir

Answers (0)