Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality system refresh from production system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

S&OP Version: 3.0.2.3 (on-premise)

Hana Version: 1.00.85.04.401020

We intend to copy production database (master and transaction data) to quality system as a quality refresh activity. We tried doing a production database backup and restoring it in quality which lead to many planning area activation errors in quality system.

Does anyone have a tested methodology for this?

Regards,

Aditya G

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

Are you getting same activation error for all the planning area ?

Can you please share the error message ?

Regards

Avijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avijit,

We have only a single planning area. We had tried this activity few months ago, and we then restored quality system with the latest backup so we lost all activation errors.

Regards,

Aditya G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

It is possible to create a new system from the DB copy of another system. New system is then becomes the clone system of the source system. Planning area activation works perfectly in this case. We did this for a cloud system but i think it should be possible for on-premise as well.

Best regards

Rinju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rinju/Avijit,

We will re-try this activity and update.

Regards,

Aditya G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We conducted a backup and restore activity and users, data, planning area and templates were successfully refreshed but are facing issues in executing copy operator, statistical forecast and supply planning runs.

It seems that CRON job runs every 2 minutes but is not picking up the jobs. Jobs are stuck in ready state.

Regards,

Aditya G

Krishna1
Participant
0 Kudos

Open OSS ticket ...It happened to us many time...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I already did but thought of not troubling SAP is someone already had the solution.

Regards,

Aditya G

Krishna1
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes..if I get OS and HANA access

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The issue was that we did not run the post installation script after restore.

Regards,

Aditya G

Answers (0)