cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM Application control WF and PCW

0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are in SRM7.02 and planned to migrate from Application to Process control Workflow. We have number of custom approval process in each business object, hence we like to go Live Part by Part for ex - first SC,PO etc one by one.

As i understand from the SAP document some years back that it is not possible to have both ACW and PCW simultaneously in production. I would like to know if there is feasibility to active both in the current situation or did SAP will provide any consulting solution for this situation?

Looking forward from the expert opinion.

thanks,

Kannan B

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kannan,

It is possible to have both types of workflow running together on different business objects be we at SAP don't recommend it and we won't support it should you run into any problems with your approval process.

All the details you need for the migration of workflows can be found here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm70/helpdata/en/48/7dede7930f3912e10000000a42189b/content.htm

http://scn.sap.com/community/srm/workflow-and-user-vendor-org-management/blog/2013/03/15/workflow-mi...

Hopefully this clears things up for you and you are able to migrate your workflows successfully.

Regards,

Alan Kelly

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member190689
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kannan ,

As per the  SAP recommendation , its not possible to use both the workflow at the same time. As these workflow get activated based on the switch in your SPRO. Moreover we also planned for the same for our client . But due to much of the customization to the existing ACW we are facing some issue . Many the issue arises for the SC as too many custom codes has been done in order to fulfill the requirement. Also some user carry dual roles for which its bit tricky too maintain the same via BRF. Many more things are there which can lead into problem . But as always you learn everyday  . But for sure you have to use only one workflow for the whole SRM . Let me know if you need any more information

Thanks

Gaurav Gautam

0 Kudos

Thanks Allen and Gaurav, The information both your shared is very much useful for us!