cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Procedure to create n- number of bins

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

Here , after creating a new storage location in ecc - ewm , now i want to create some 100 -200 number of bins for the same location.

So what is the right procedure here .Please assist me .

Kindly breif the method.

Thankyou in an anticipation

Regards,

Bharti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can use t-code /SCWM/LS10 to create multiple bin based on the structure. Check the below mentioned standard SAP link for more detail

http://help.sap.com/SCENARIOS_BUS2013H2/helpdata/EN/c2/b835340b3d4ce08147909e6c6eac15/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Thanks for the above data but is there is any way where we have to just copy the same bin structure ,just edit the starting nomenclature and save them.Because i have the bins which are maintained in system but for different location.And the identical ones i want for my bins.

thanks in advance

regards,

bharti

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the below mentioned node, where predefined structure exist you can copy the same for your warehouse and then use /SCWM/LS10 to create the bin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manish,

Thanks for the above information again.

Here, after maintaining the Bin structure in above said node , i have processed LS10.

But here only once we have to create the bins? If yes then how many bins will it generate?

As i am new in this , could you please guide me?

Regards,

Bharti

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Total number of bins depend on the start value and end value from your structure e.g. in the below structure my start value for aisle is 0010 stack is 01 and level is 01, similarly  the end value for aisle is same 0010 but the stack is 10 and the level is 10 so system will create 100 bins (10 level x 10 stack)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

So clearly you have given the above description but in my system we have maintained some other nomenclature , for ex:

How does we calculate here as stacks x levels as it is alphanumeric? for last two lines 064 and 065.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't see any increment in between 064 & 065 it start at GI and ends at GI so if you look your intial thread you mentioned that you want to create 100-200 bins but here I can see you are creating only one bin STIC-21-GI or STIC-21-GR

if the requirement is to create a single bin then you can use T-Code /SCWM/LS01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Yes, they have created one bin.

Secondly, what does the template and structure column resemble here ?Are they also playing a big role in creation of Bin?

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, template link to start value and end value field and structure linked to increment. Template  represents what are the value in bin are constant(C) and what are the value which are changing (N) similarly structure is related to increment in your screen number 063 you can see that stack is getting increased in pair from 01 to 03 hence value AA is defined and similarly for level 01 to SS value SS is defined

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Thank you so much for the above proactive reply.

I want here to generate 200 bins for the above earlier mentioned two places 064 and 065.So my start and end value will be like this as i think:

please guide me if am wrong..

Is the increment data is compulsory for making multiple bins?

As i marked in red block is correct or wrong?

Thanks

Regards,

Bharti Sinha

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes your start and end value is correct for 064  for 200 bins in this case system will create bin STIC-01-01,STIC-01-02,STIC-01-03 Up to ....STIC-01-20, then STIC-02-01,STIC-02-02 Up to ....STIC-02-20 and so on till STIC-10-20

yes increment is mandatory as in above example you can observe that the level is increasing by 01 up to 20 and then stack is increasing by 01 up to 20

Answers (0)