cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro application with windows shortcut keys disabled

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have one challenging requirement.

I have to create 1 application for students to attempt an exam after training.

This application will be on portal so it will be a Webdynpro application.

I have to achieve below things while students will attempt the exam.

1. Windows shortcut keys should be disabled...like alt + tab or windows key.

2. Application screen should be full screen and it should not contain minimize and close button.

Please help on this..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot disable windows keys using Web Dynpro (or any web application) for security reasons unless you use a client side software. What you can do is to control/handle the Windows keys in your web application but not the other way. 

would you ever visit any web url which disables or tries to control your local machine?, It's like a hacking! I understand your purpose/requirement but unfortunately(FORTUNATELY) it's not possible using web application.

Even using JS you cannot disable the special windows keys (Windows key, ALT + TAB) etc, I could suggest the following as a work around(though it doesn't match your exact requirement):

Display an information message to the users not to close or navigate from the application optionally. Try using Javascript (HTML Integration) in your WDA application, and implement the onblur function using JS. In the onblur function, set the focus back again to the same window (or display popup etc)!

Regards,

Kiran

0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Can you please help in above issue?

Thanks and Regards,

Ashutosh

0 Kudos

Hi Vinita and Katrice,

Thanks for Reply

Yes, Full screen is done. But my main requirement is restricting user to toggle between exam application and browser/windows. Like SAP certification exam, screen is locked until user press submit button. Only mouse will be in working state.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot control WDA application using Keyboard short-cut keys.

Thanks

KH

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Ashutosh

Refer these links below for the full screen with using call method lo_portal_manager->navigate_absolute

https://scn.sap.com/thread/1618618

1003826 - WDA: Changing the size of a dialog box

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2061853

Not sure on how to disable the shortcut keys ,, and close button on windows I thought it will come by default

Regards

Vinita