Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we do reporting on PSA

Sumalini
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

As is a temporary staging area and there are no SID's generated.

Even then can we do reporting on PSA ? If so do we need to give PSA table name in Bex while creating a report?

Can you please help me with the answer.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

umashankar_poojar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumalini,

Answer is NO to report on PSA using BEx query. Instead a quick solution would be create a write optimized DSO and load data from PSA to this, anyway it has only one table. Data will load quickly (based on the volume) and report on it.

But if records is in millions then not suggested to use W-DSO for reporting. I assume your requirement is to report on PSA (hope it is less records) to just to use in BEx report for different purpose. Then you can define a semantic in order to ensure the uniqueness of the data.

Read through the links before take a decision on W-DSO,

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/BI/Write+Optimized+DSO

Disadvantages of Write-Optimized DSO | SCN

OR even I suggest you to try suggestions from  Ramanjaneyulu Korrapati S. van Middelkoop

Thanks,

Umashankar

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you do this to minimalize persistence, then please bypass PSA and make a DSO or an ADSO and report on that object.

Sjoerd

mohd_abdullah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Technically that is very much possible ...But I am trying hard to understand Why on earth would someone
create a report on PSA table .

Anand71
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First create infoset over the table of PSA then create query over the infoset.

Regards,

Anand Kumar.

Sumalini
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

While creating Infoset, i'm getting only options to include DSO/Cube/Characteristics but not table. Is there any possibility to include PSA table ?

Thank you.

Anand71
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

that is not info set. its an ABAP Query. Tx - SQ01/02/03.

Take abaper help and do it.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In general its possible to do the reporting on PSA.But if we want build report on that data then we need to load psa data to targets like DSO/Cube then only we can do report thru BEX other wise we can create reportts based on psa table thru SE38 program.

Exactly what's your requirement?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Technically it is possible to create a report on PSA table. But you will only get the key figures available for display.

Functionally - Why do you want to create a report in PSA ?

Regards