Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Link to Purchase Document Item

cswain
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have successfully configured in our test environment the ability to create a Document Information Record (DIR) and a link to Material, and to Purchase Documents (PR, PO) line items. We are using ECC 6 EHP 6.

After much searching, I realize there is no flow from the Material Master document link to the PO item link.

I can understand why this might not be desirable and am not seeking this automatic attachment.

My question is with the Purchase Document linking functionality.  When I select an item and select the paperclip, I get an attachment list from which I can search for and attach a document.  However, this is a free search.  In order to limit the search to those documents linked to the document, I have to manually enter the material number on the "Matchcode via linked objects" tab.  This manual entry is a potential source of error for our procurement group that we would like to avoid.  Is there a way to automatically populate this search with the material number to eliminate this potential source of error?

Is there a different standard method to filter the list of documents to those linked to the material?

If there is no standard method, what is the recommended approach to obtain this functionality?

Our goal is to attach a document to a Purchase Object line item based on selecting from a list of documents linked to the material master.

Thanks,

Casey

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Casey,

Please check these functionality available in standard which will take you to CV04N transaction , Here we can search the document with respect to linked object (Like material etc).

Rgds,

Nayeem.

cswain
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank You, Nayeem.

That is a better search screen that gives you the option of searching by link to the material with the standard Material find screen.

However, my goal is to seed the search with the Material Number of the line item so that the opportunity for error by repetitive input is reduced.

Is there a way to have this search key on the PO line item?  Or a convenient way to copy the material number to this search screen without literally selecting the material, ctrl-C/ctrl-V into the search by object link field?

Thanks,

Casey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Casey,

I understand your requirement is to view all/ material related document for the DIR, Standard func does not support your requirements.

You may need to go for developments to search with respect to linked documents.

Rgds.

Nayeem.

Answers (0)