cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Return Process with Inspection in ByD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I'm looking for a step by step guide for a customer return process with inspection.  I'm having a hard time determining what I'm missing in my setup. What I do know is that my scoping questions are all answered correctly. Also, I've setup inspection plan for customer return as well.

What I'm missing is the process a returned item from the customer to inspection and back into stock.  Can anyone provide anything that they are willing to share?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

BJ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helo Patel,

Well if you able to do customer return correctly then all pre-requisites are covered.

Refer the help document for reference - gives help on a scenario

Customer Return Processing (in Inbound Logistics)

Customer Returns Processing

Third-Party Order Processing — Customer Return

Business Scenario: Customer Return Management

maybe check if the inspection plan is correctly set and if you are still facing issue create an incident to us as we need to check your configuration.

Regards

Leo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leo,

I appreciate your feedback.  I have already looked into those documents.

My understanding is you have to setup the logistics location to Inspection and receive into that location. Once it is in that location (In inspection), you have to perform a change of stock to take it out of inspection.  After performing the change of stock, you have to perform a goods movement into a storage location for availability in inventory.

Do this seem correct?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Patel,

That is correct and i believe with your setting you are trying to perform a planned inspection to your own location.

1. Initiate inspection (manually or automatically)

2. Sample material choosing for inspection. (based on inspection plan)

3. Perform inspection by quality or warehouse team.

4. Record results and decision making

5. Change of stock (blocked or restricted) (unfortunately this has to be done manually)

6. Stock movement to your LOA with logistics use storage.

Note : Based on your logistics model settings, a quality inspection can be created automatically, except for customer returns which were posted to externally-owned stock, for example, in a third-party order process.

Regards

Leo

Answers (0)