cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grouping Orders per week

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all!

I am new to this but would love you HELP!

My Report is based on a Production Universe, I have several variables created and I want to display the data per week in a Cross tab. So, if I add the

Order # in the Vertical Axis I have no issues. But I don't want to show the orders numbers are generates many lines! Without the Order numbers, the variables don't work, they show Multivalue.

How can I group the Orders per week (2015.26/ 2015.27)

I count the orders per week but I still get Multivalue. Please help!

these are the variables with issue:

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check with =Sum(Count(variable)) if this will work.

Also check the variable data type is number or string?if data type is number then  use sum function is variable and see.

or data is coming correct in the crosstab with order number then try to Hide the order number and see.

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Yes, hidden will work. Is there any other solution to group the orders? I did create a variable to Count the orders per week and the variable works but I still get multivalues if I remove the vertical axis with each Order line.

I am only adding to the Cross tab the Sum of variables. I wonder if the issue could be because I am asking to Sum an IF function.

Here is the IF variable called Max Delivery Qty.

=IF[Quantity Good Received]>[Production Schedule qty] then [Production Schedule] else [Quantity Goods Received]

I know the variables displaying Multivalues are related to Production Schedule.

Production Schedule variable:

=[Quantity Goods Received]/ [Yield Confirmed from Order]* [Total Order Qty] ForEach ([Order Number])

This variable is essentially converting the "Total Order Qty" to KG based on the conversion number extract from "Quantity Goods Received" (which is in KG) divided by "Yield confirmed" which is not in Kg)

Note: "Yield Confirmed from Order" is a Dimension with data type: number

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try with this.

Production Schedule variable:

=Sum([Quantity Goods Received]/ [Yield Confirmed from Order])* sum([Total Order Qty] )ForEach ([Order Number])

Break the variables and see where exactly you are getting error.

If above variable is fine then drag individual [Production Schedule] & [Quantity Goods Received] and all are fine or not.

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

You helped me fix the Production Schedule variable!

Do you have any suggestion to fix the IF function?

=IF[Quantity Goods Received]>[Production Schedule] Then [Production Schedule] Else [Quantity Goods Received]

Thank you!

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check firrst if values are coming in the Production Schedule & Quantity Goods Received variables.

if yes then try with these.

=sum(IF([Quantity Goods Received]>[Production Schedule]) Then [Production Schedule] Else [Quantity Goods Received])

or

=IF([Quantity Goods Received]>[Production Schedule]) Then sum([Production Schedule]) Else sum([Quantity Goods Received])

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Production Schedule is now working and Quantity Goods Received also has the values coming in.

I tried both of your IF variable suggestion but I am still getting Multivalue

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

check the datatype of both variables.it should be number..convert variables to measure variable if not and try.

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, one is a measure and the other one is a variables

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

check the the data type of variable..edit the variable and see the data type.string or number.

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

They are both numbers...what should I do?

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

just apply the sum in the variable inside and make it measure variable.after that use in the if else condition and see..

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I applied the sum of Quantity Goods Received and Sum of Production schedule inside of the IF variable:

=IF([Sum Quantity Goods Received] > [Sum Production Schedule]) Then ([Sum Quantity Goods Received]) Else ([Sum Production Schedule])

I finally got a value!

thank you so much

Answers (0)