Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QALITY02 IDOC goes into 52 status

sriniandrag
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

01 inspection lot is created with GR. The results are recorded through EDI. i.e using QALITY02 IDOCs. It is working fine in 99.9%. Means updates results and the IDOC changes to 53 status.

Very rarely IDOC goes into 52 - Application document not fully posted and results are not getting posted. In the workflow, we are getting error message as "IDoc could not be opened for data transfer to inspection lot" - Message no. QC318 and status shows "In progress" Refer attached picture.

When we copy the IDOC to a new IDOC with same data using WE19 , it is getting posted with 53 status and results are getting updated.

What could be the reason for the IDOC to go into 52 status? How can we avoid this? Appreciate all your help. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

R. Srinivasan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The most common reason I beleive would be a lock on the inspection lot.  If someone has it open at the time the results come in to be loaded, that would prevent the transfer.

It also could be if the batch record is blocked possibly.

One of the things I find is that people use QE51n for recroding results and processing lots.  By default this usually opens the first lot in the list for results recording unless  you change that behavior via the user settings.

So someone just running the work list would lock the first lot on the list.  When running QE51n, each user is going to usually be blocking a lot.  I find many just leave their screens sitting on the worklist like that even when they aren't actively using it.  That can block a lot for hours unless  you automatic logoff after a certain amount of time.

Craig

sriniandrag
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Craig. Let me discuss with ABAP developer and get back to you.

Best regards,

R. SRINIVASAN