cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment method appearing multiple times in vendor master record dropdown

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Please can you assist with the following issue. I created a new payment method N for currency USD. When i go into the Vendor Master record to add the payment method and click on the drop down box in the Payment methods, the payment method appears four times. Although this does not affect anything with the invoice or payment, why would it appear four times? I first copied the new payment method from an existing one and then deleted and recreated it from the beginning with no reference to an existing payment method and it still appears four times. The strange thing is that when I delete it, then the payment method above appears four times. What would cause this? I have been through the entire setup of the payment method but cannot see anything wrong?

Below is a sample of the issue.

Thank you in advance

Andre

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just an update on this issue. We checked our system and note 1875412 was already applied.

I did however manage to resolve this issue. The company code had four payment methods which were linked to it but did not exist as payment methods in the system. Once I deleted these payment methods, then only did the new payment method appear once as it should. As per my screenshot you will see the first four rows highlighted in yellow are ticked by default and the payment method and name fields are blank. In SPRO they were linked as C,D,E & F to the company code but no details as they weren't created.

It's quite strange that SAP would adopt the payment method and description for these from the USD payment method to the four invalid payment methods.

Thanks again Ravish and Shanid for the help.

former_member267327
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

First check that whether this vendor is extended to any other company code or not. If so, then system will show you the all payment method list which is created with same name in another company code.

Regards,

Dattatraya B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Dattatraya, the issue has already been resolved.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

shanid_mp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

Please check whether SAP notes 1875412 and 1965907 are relevant to your issue.

Regards

Shanid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shanid, I'll check the notes.

former_member229024
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

Cross check in the backend tables T042Z and T042E (in country/company code specific tables)

Cheers,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravish but it only appears once in both tables.