Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue on RA reporting

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

One of my users posted RA on WBS and then he crosschecked values after running CJ88 and FBL3N. While running RA and CJ88 value shown was

2300 EUR and when he checks FBL3N it was showing 921930- .

When I looked at RA posting values I found two values shown next to each other (refer screen shot). My question is are these two values same but in different currency or its some other value. Kindly give your valuable views on it.

To me it looked like a currency issue (CO area currency, object currency, local currency), I seek your views on that. Kindly help.

Thanks & Regards

Saurabh Tiwari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

You mean 2500 EUR.

On RA screen all amounts are in EUR, one column is Cumulative, another is Periodic. That is indeed consistent with CJ88.  But what are the settlement rules?

For the FI document it would be nice to see both Dr and Cr accounts, same for the settlement document.  I do not think the two screens on the right corresponding to the same document.

RA data should be reversed once in the TECO status, so what is the WBS status?

Regards,

Paulo

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

Thanks for your reply.

I will check for it and come back here.

Thank you!

Regards

Saurabh

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

Please see the attached screen shot with Dr and Cr. entries:

CJI3:

WBS status:

Also, the system is posting whole cumulative amount and not the periodic value .

Please provide some pointers on it.

Thanks & regards

Saurabh

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

These are two different documents, in CJI3 you have a CO document for incoming cost.

In FI you have a document for RA.  RA accounts are never a cost elements to reflect in CO.

To explain the RA document you need a revision of RA method. Also what is the WBS status, anyway I can see it is not final RA.  But RA can be status dependent.

For FI document please check what accounts are Balance Sheet and what are P&L.  That will help with interpretation.

Sorry, those screens need some zooming...

Thanks,

Paulo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

On the RA screen it shows what currency is being shown, when there is a difference between Controlling Area and Company Code currency then RA will show 2 screens, 1 for each currency.  Your screen shot shows the 2nd currency, EUR.  The first must be USD.

To save the RA results you have to click save twice.  After the first save it will show the second currency.

CJI3 will not show the Transfer to Accounting postings from RA, those are FI only.  CJI3 will only show the settlement CO postings.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Ken.

So, do you mean that the reason is difference in currencies? I am more concerned to know  why system has posted cumulative value of RA instead of periodic value?

System has posted cumulative 921,930/- instead of periodic 2500/- . FBL3N shows this cumulative value being posted.

Is there anything missing from configuration side? Or its G/L characteristics which posts wrong values?

Kindly suggest.

Thanks & regards

Saurabh

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You FI doc looks like it is adjusting the cumulative amount from one account to another.  So there were either changes in config or in WBS status to trigger this.

RA will make these "true up" postings to get everything aligned with the current situation.